Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 11:33:05 PM(UTC)

You are welcome.

And thanks for getting back to us. Now when others search for a similar problem they will see what actually worked instead of just suggestions about what could be the cause.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
tsquilanti Posted: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 2:33:44 PM(UTC)

A belated thanks so much Denman...fixed it last wkend!!!!
denman Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 11:40:21 PM(UTC)

Most often they just blow.

Though it would not be bad idea to check the thermistor.
You should be able to do that at the board.
See the attachment for the tech sheet.

Be sure to use the new wiring harness.
tsquilanti Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 11:24:35 AM(UTC)

Denman, you da man, thanks! should i be worried about the underlying cause or is this normal in 6 yr old DW?
denman Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 11:04:24 AM(UTC)

It measured open so it is toast.
tsquilanti Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:34:56 AM(UTC)

awesome, thanks for the prompt reply! i was not sure how to remove the bone-colored housing as shown in the attached pic so i just put my test leads on the exposed metal prongs - no continuity detected. Was that a valid way of testing continuity or do i need to get that housing/wire harness thing off?
denman Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 7:24:13 AM(UTC)

Yes and yes.

If you click on the link to the part that you gave there is a video that you can watch.
tsquilanti Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 7:00:51 AM(UTC)

Hi,
Based on previous posts, i suspect a blown thermal fuse is the cause of my DW stopping mid-cycle with water in bottom and now there is no power/lights, etc. Is the appropriate next step to test the fuse for continuity to confirm the diagnosis? If so, i just need to confirm which part exactly is the fuse. Is the fuse unit as shown in the bottom center of the attached pic where the black wires come into the tan wire clips which attach to the black and grey plastic housing? if that is not the fuse, is it visible in the pic?

If it is the fuse, i think these are the parts i need
Whirlpool W10258275 Thermal Fuse - AppliancePartsPros.com

thanks so much!