Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
brobriffin Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2014 12:35:28 PM(UTC)

Fairbank56,
Your insight was genius. The orange terminal was not making contact with the motor pin 6. I wedged my volt meter probe in to see if it maintained voltage during start up and it kept running. I'll make a small adjustment to the female side of the terminal and now will have saved buying a new motor. I knew there had to be another answer......
Truly you all are the Appliance Pros!
I hope to be an expert one day LOL
fairbank56 Posted: Friday, July 25, 2014 5:49:09 PM(UTC)

Check for 120vac on the purple wire at motor after releasing start button. If it goes away, then either the motor switch is faulty or there is a problem with the motor connector. Terminal on orange wire not making good contact with motor receptacle. Once motor has started and motor switch is engaged, you should have constant 120vac on both orange and purple wires.

Eric
brobriffin Posted: Friday, July 25, 2014 2:52:22 PM(UTC)

When I push and hold the start button the dryer motor starts and heats. It will not continue to run when I release the button. All thermostats and door switch are fine. I read that it might be the centrifugal switch. I tested the motor and the windings they are fine. The centrifugal switch works. I even swapped with a known working motor from a different unit. Still same issue. I have constant 120 on the orange wire (hot wire to post 6 on motor) so what the what is going on?????