Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
TripleDigitRide Posted: Saturday, June 21, 2014 1:21:12 PM(UTC)

Another thing I noticed, is the pump never shuts off after it's engaged to empty the water. Even after the water is drained, and the machine has advanced to the point when it should begin agitating or spinning, the pump continues to run.
TripleDigitRide Posted: Saturday, June 21, 2014 12:17:27 PM(UTC)

I removed the front of the washing machine, and noticed a small to fair amount of water in the bottom pan. I'm guessing the water on the floor is from me tilting the washing machine as I was attempting to get to the hoses and plug. I'm not sure if the water in the pan is from the Hose Flood (part 853 in the tub and agitator diagram), or a leaking seal where the Shaft and Tube Assembly (part 320 in the suspension and drive components diagram). You'd think they would connect the Hose Flood to the main drain line, but it's designed to dump directly into the bottom pan.

Someone on Facebook suggested it could have been the belt. After careful inspection, the belt and pulley appear to be in good shape. The belt and pulley turn easily by hand, and there appears to be plenty of tension on the belt.

I plugged it back in and attempted to duplicate the noise and smell. Of course it didn't happen again. I tried to run a complete wash cycle, but it will not agitate or spin. It doesn't even try. No click, glitch, nothing. It seems as if the motor isn't being told to agitate and spin, or that part of the motor is fried.
TripleDigitRide Posted: Saturday, June 21, 2014 8:57:57 AM(UTC)

I just noticed there was a bunch of water under and around the washing machine.
TripleDigitRide Posted: Saturday, June 21, 2014 8:05:46 AM(UTC)

This GE washing machine (Model # GTWN2800D0WW) is roughly 1-year-old.

Today, while in the Drain & Spin cycle, the washing machine began making an extremely loud noise, followed by a burnt electrical smell. My girlfriend quickly turned it off.

After briefly inspecting the machine, I decided to turn it back on. Within 10 seconds or less, the same extremely loud noise and burnt electrical smell happened again.

I know very little about appliances. To my novice ears, the sound appeared to be an extremely loud and rapid electrical short, or possibly a relay of some sort. I'm telling you, it was loud. And when I say rapid, it sounded like a fully automatic machine gun.

I immediately turned it off and unplugged it.

**EDIT** I just noticed there was a bunch of water under and around the washing machine.

Does anyone have an ideas?

Thank you in advance.

**EDIT #2**

I removed the front of the washing machine, and noticed a small to fair amount of water in the bottom pan. I'm guessing the water on the floor is from me tilting the washing machine as I was attempting to get to the hoses and plug. I'm not sure if the water in the pan is from the Hose Flood (part 853 in the tub and agitator diagram), or a leaking seal where the Shaft and Tube Assembly (part 320 in the suspension and drive components diagram). You'd think they would connect the Hose Flood to the main drain line, but it's designed to dump directly into the bottom pan.

Someone on Facebook suggested it could have been the belt. After careful inspection, the belt and pulley appear to be in good shape. The belt and pulley turn easily by hand, and there appears to be plenty of tension on the belt.

I plugged it back in and attempted to duplicate the noise and smell. Of course it didn't happen again. I tried to run a complete wash cycle, but it will not agitate or spin. It doesn't even try. No click, glitch, nothing. It seems as if the motor isn't being told to agitate and spin, or that part of the motor is fried.

**EDIT #3**

Another thing I noticed, is the pump never shuts off after it's engaged to empty the water. Even after the water is drained, and the machine has advanced to the point when it should begin agitating or spinning, the pump continues to run.