Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2022 8:05:21 AM(UTC)

We are now on our second Bosch dishwasher. Now the new one is giving us the e24 code. Had a plumber check the flow in the lines before we bought the second one. They are two different models. I have blown out the drain lines, sucked out the drain lines with shop vacs, poured hot water down the air gap, replaced the drain hose, et. Now I am going to make an adapator like a can, to seal around the drain cavity of the dishwasher and use it to suck out that drain with a large shop vac. Am considering replacing ever bit of hose or other part (air gap) between the washer and the disposal entry.
Guest Posted: Tuesday, August 31, 2021 9:04:25 AM(UTC)

Thank you! I cleaned everything, finding a tiny scrap of plastic in the sump and some hard water/food residue grossness. Scrubbed all with vinegar, rinsed, cleaned spray arm, lifted float to hear it click…reassembled with care that impeller cover was on right and everything tightly closed. Same E24 error. Waited for pump, opened - closed door … nope, E24. Well, I’m not quitting on the first fall. Push start, hear pump, count seven, open/close door….success! The cycle completed! I had hopefully thrown a cleaning tablet in the dispenser and maybe that will help. It will be interesting to see if the problem is fixed or if it continues to be intermittent. The flooring was installed after the dishwasher and there isn’t much clearance, so it won’t be easy to pull the sucker out of its hole.

Does anyone know what part controls the advancing of one stage to the next? Is there just one circuit board/processor or is there a separate component for that function?

Thanks a TON for posting this advice. It would not have occurred to me to try popping the door while the pump was running.
perlova Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 8:49:47 AM(UTC)

For anyone that is having a problem with Bosch and the E:24 code on startup. Symptom is that it runs the drain pump several time on initial start, and then kicks out the error code.

Check the pump motor by removing it from the bottom of the dishwasher. It's not hard to do and takes about 30 minutes to complete (at least on my SHE6AAF02UC/O6 model).

From the top, looking into the drain sump, there appeared to be no debris clogging the pump impeller. But when I pulled the pump out there was a lot of threads, dental floss and hair wrapped around the motor shaft. It took a bit of patience with tweezers to get it all removed.

I'd like to blame my wife who flosses her teeth and leaves floss in cups and on plates, but I thought better of it, so I won't.

This caused the motor to drag and stall. Initially intermittently but in the end, we could not get the thing started at all.

Now works like new.
Sammy531 Posted: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 10:48:48 PM(UTC)

One more important observation to add to my earlier post: If you remove the filter at the bottom of the dishwasher to clean it out, make sure you clean out the bottom of the cavity that the filter sits in thoroughly before you put the filter back in and turn the dishwasher on. I discovered that after I thought I had completely flushed the drain line that the E24 error came back. Why? Because part of our cleaning routine was to remove the filter and clean it, but we didn't realize that by doing so we were letting small amounts of debris that we didn't remove from the bottom of the filter cavity to get back into the dishwasher and re-clog the drain line all over again! This happened several time until I finally wised up and realized that the very act of removing the filter and cleaning it (but not carefully cleaning out the bottom of the filter cavity in the dishwasher) was re-clogging the line.
Robert777 Posted: Sunday, June 25, 2017 1:44:01 PM(UTC)

I have been having this error E24 frequently ,but it after a second or third try, the machine will complete the cycle, which means is not a plugged drain
Finally the last three times I have closed the dishwasher door and pushed it in tight.
In all these instances, there was no stopping nor error E24 message
This may be or not the solution
MaryHarper Posted: Thursday, April 6, 2017 4:56:33 AM(UTC)

thanks for sharing you can check the solution of your problem at this link : Bosch Dishwasher Error Codes: E15, E22, E01, E09 | Error Codes Pro it has worked for me hope it will work you tooo.
Sammy531 Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 10:52:59 PM(UTC)

OK, our Bosch dishwasher has been having repeated E24 errors, too. Believe that I've solved it. Here's what I did:

First, I got under the sink area where the dishwasher water outlet line is coupled to the rubber hose line that leads to the "air-gap" gizmo which is connected to the sewage drain. I then disconnected this connection which was held together with metal hose clamps. (Have a pot ready to catch the residual water in the hoses when you do this.)

Figuring that there might be a blockage in the black rubber hose leading up to the "air gap" gizmo, I then had my wife hold the lower end of the black rubber hose into a big pot while I went to the sink, unscrewed the top cap of the "air gap" gizmo, and used a funnel to pour warm/hot water down into the now exposed central hose of the "air gap" gizmo. Gravity pulls the water down and out of the lower end of the rubber hose into the pot. This flushes out the black rubber hose line of any garbage that may be clogging the line. However, I noted that the water coming out of the lower end of the black rubber hose was just a trickle and the water in the big funnel on the "air gap" gizmo took a long time to drain. This led me to suspect that (1) the E24 error was indeed due to a clogged line and (2) my attempt to clear the line by pouring water into the upper end of the line was not successful.

So to more forcefully flush out the black rubber hose line, I next got a small piece of vinyl hose from my garage to put over the lower end of the black rubber hose so that I could use my lungs to forcefully blow air into the lower end of the black rubber hose and have whatever garbage was clogging up the line come out of the still-exposed top end of the line at the "air gap" gizmo. (I used the piece of vinyl hose so that I wouldn't have to put my lips directly onto the lower end of the black hose). My wife was ready at the upper end of the black rubber hose at the air gap with some paper towels to absorb/deflect the water that would come out. I then gave a BIG blow into the lower end of the black rubber hose. Lots of water and small bits of vegetables and rice came out of the top end of the hose (I underestimated how much water and stuff would come out of the top end of the hose. Make sure that your wife is better prepared than mine.)

Finally, to see if we had been successful at clearing the line, we went back to my using a funnel to pour warm/hot water into the exposed end of the black rubber hose line at the "air gap" gizmo while my wife directed the output of the lower end of the black rubber hose line into a big pot. It worked! The water in the funnel drained amazingly quickly, and my wife noted that the water coming out of the lower end of the black rubber hose was a big, strong stream of water rather than the small trickle of water that we witnessed the first time.

Given the difference in the flow behavior of this dishwasher outlet rubber hose, I'm pretty confident that we've solved the problem, at least until the next time that small bits of food manage to make their way past the dishwasher's filters and clog the water outlet line.

I suggest making sure that the Bosch dishwasher filter is fully locked into place whenever it is put back into the dishwasher. I believe that we were careless about screwing the filter into its fully locked position at least one time and possibly more, and that may have led to the outlet line clog that we had.

Bottom Line: Our dishwasher, at least, was correct in complaining about a clogged outlet line with its E24 error. We clearly had a clogged outlet line but flushing out the line with a big breath and a strong blow into the line was able to clear it. Not so sure about the "electric toothbrush" method that I read in a post above. It might do the trick but then again it might not. I think that the only way to be sure short of entirely replacing a clogged line is to give it a good, strong powerful flush with pressurized air or water.
appliancesrepairedmonton Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2016 8:43:04 PM(UTC)

If your bosch dishwasher is showing the E24 or E25 fault then this is pump problem. You will need to take the pump out to make sure there is no glass or bits of food blocking the pump.

Junior Appliance Repair
skwebby Posted: Sunday, October 16, 2016 6:56:13 AM(UTC)

jeanne951 - thank you, thank you, thank you!

I had tried almost everything, short of having a repairman in. Your ultrasonic toothbrush solution did the trick! Only a little of the drain tube is exposed on my bosch dishwasher, and I just applied the humming toothbrush for about 10 seconds. Wow, you just saved me a ton of dough - I was about to start on the expensive options of repair/replacement.

Haha goodbye frowny face, that made me chuckle...
jeanne951 Posted: Monday, September 28, 2015 2:07:03 PM(UTC)

I also have a Bosch dishwasher prone to err code E24, which replaced the Whirlpool I had for 15 years. This started happening just after it's first birthday, of course. I think the first time it happened was when I broiled a rack of lamb and didn't adequately clear all of the fat before putting the pan in the dishwasher. Thanks to this website I got a lot of ideas on how to solve the problem. That time I used the bathroom plunger over the disposal (and a lot of soap afterward). But in the last six months it has been happening intermittently. Last week when it happened and the plunger didn't work. In frustration, decided we needed a new solution (other than wasting water to create the needed vacuum--we're in severe drought!). So, if it's the drain hose, what could clear the drain hose?--maybe vibration to knock the junk loose so it can flush away? I put my ultrasonic toothbrush in a plastic bag, turned it on and ran it up and down the outside length of the offending drain hose, holding my hand behind the hose so it couldn't escape. Guess what. It worked. Dishwasher seems happy to be rid of the intestinal blockage and is doing a great job. Goodbye frowny face!