Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Sockit Posted: Monday, May 5, 2014 5:30:41 AM(UTC)

Oh, yes, I got the one that was recommended.

It's a little counter intuitive that the cheaper unit already has the correct connectors, and the "genereic" style (I'm pretty sure that's why it comes with butt connectors so that it can be installed in multiple configurations) is higher.

Also (and I've seen other remark about this) the heat shrink that is provided in the kit is HUGE. I had to use my own. But the fridge is back up and running.
denman Posted: Thursday, May 1, 2014 2:45:30 AM(UTC)

I would use the one that is specified for your unit.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Sockit Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 12:14:26 PM(UTC)

I think I found the temperature settings. The one for my fridge appears to be 55F and 20F, and it looks like the other unit might be 42F and 21F (found a part number for it that is "L42-21").
Sockit Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 8:10:13 AM(UTC)

Hello. I have determined that I need to replace my defrost thermostat. My question is about the differences between thermostats. My "correct" part number is 5303917954, which requires splicing with butt connectors (not a big deal). But I ran across a different thermostat (Frigidaire AP4374171, MFG Part Number: 297216600) that already has the correct bullet connectors, and is also less expensive. Unfortunately it comes up as incorrect for my fridge.
Can someone explain the difference between these two? I don't see any temperature ranges specified for either one, but would that be the difference?
Thanks!