Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Chrissyg Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 10:21:49 AM(UTC)

Thank you Tim. I read your post. My washer wouldn't drain all the way. I found this site read your post and was able to tell my husband where to look. There was a sock, some other piece of clothing, money, sand, lint and small stuff in the filter!!! Works great now!!!!
slacker4141 Posted: Monday, September 22, 2014 4:57:41 PM(UTC)

I just read your post and located and cleaned the filter on our washer. Our's was also not draining sometimes. It was under warranty and the repairman stated it could not be repaired. He said it was the main circuit board. The machine fails to drain on the normal cycle only. We have to run an extra spin cycle to get it to drain and rinse to get the machine to drain, allowing the door to unlock and to be opened. I am hoping this filter cleaning will help. THANK YOU for posting. :)
TimMadison Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2014 11:14:39 AM(UTC)

I just fixed my draining problem with this washer. I could hear the drain pump running, but not much water was moving. There is a filter next to the drain pump. Remove the 3 screws in the bottom panel (near the floor) and then remove the panel. The drain pump is in the lower right front. Can you hear and feel it running? If it is running, the filter may be plugged. On the lower right is a removable cap. Mine was plugged with tape, lint, coins, hair bands, etc. Remove the cap slowly. Water will come out when you pull the plug so have some tupperware to catch the water until it stops.

I scanned the service guide that was inside the washer but it wont let me upload it.

Added some before and after photos.
djdonte Posted: Tuesday, April 8, 2014 10:46:54 AM(UTC)

Sounds like the drain pump is not working. Did you try to put the washer into diagnostic mode to see if it is throwing codes?

Whirlpool Duet Front-Load Washing Machine Error Codes

I would also see if the pump motor is getting 120volts, and check the impeller of the pump. The blades should rotate a little bit but not come in and out. If you are getting voltage when it should be draining the pump is no good.
crissie99 Posted: Tuesday, April 1, 2014 3:55:40 PM(UTC)

I just got a used Whirlpool duet frontloader washer WFW9150WW that will not drain. I checked the drain lines and drain pump for debris and found nothing. I'm thinking the drain pump is broken. I bought it off craigslist and the previous owner claims it always worked great. Not sure if it's a line or if something happened while bringing it home (30 minutes in a trailer). The washer will load and fill, but beeps and flashes an error when it tries to drain. I've opened the front and emptied the water three times hoping to find a clog but no luck. How do I know if its the drain pump? Could it be a sensor? Any thoughts? Thank you!