Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
xeeshjuli Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 7:10:15 AM(UTC)

You might as well get them all at once. Thanks.

psyohe Posted: Saturday, April 5, 2014 12:18:35 PM(UTC)

Does anyone know if I need to order other parts when I order the gear? I might as well get them all at once. Thanks.
psyohe Posted: Tuesday, April 1, 2014 11:27:39 AM(UTC)

We installed a Jen Air compactor six months ago. We bought it over a year ago, but we were not ready to install it yet. We hear loud clunking/banging noises from it all the time. We have had compactors for over 20 years and never had any problems.

It seems from this forum that lots of people have problems with the plastic gears in the compactors. Our compactor finally broke and the ram is stuck. We followed directions we found on this forum and saw the white gear was broken in half.

Before we order the part, we wanted to know why it broke. Was something else wrong which caused the gear to snap in half? Is there anything we should replace like the chain when we replace the gear kit?

Thanks for any insight,