Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
festeraddams Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:54:25 PM(UTC)

It makes it easier, but it is not impossible to do with it installed...... Might put a shop vac on the drain hose and see if some suction will help.... If not, suck all the water out from the inside of the dishwasher, pull the cover off the drain in the bottom (like 2 1/4" screws) and suck the water out of the sump, this removes alot of water before messing with drain pump.
nazia Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:43:53 PM(UTC)

Do I need to take out the (built-in) dishwasher to get to the valve before the pump?
festeraddams Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 4:31:42 PM(UTC)

Check in the vicinity of #328 the check valve before the drain pump. sometimes something lodges in the intake of the drain pump. If the pump is not running, the it may be jammed or bad, or even bad control.
nazia Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:50:05 AM(UTC)

Thanks Denman,

Yes you are right... it's a typing mistake. The model number is actually PDW7980P00SS - GE Profile dishwasher.

Last night I attempted to take it apart. As I took out each part, I cleaned it.... there was some slime/debris on almost all parts.

However I was unable to get the Inlet Sump (#505) or Filter Coarse (#502) out. (see diagram: 05-Motor-Pump Mechanism parts for GE PDW7880G00SS - AppliancePartsPros.com)

Which part do I take out first? I don't want to break anthing. Finally I gave up and poured some baking soda & vinegar down the Inlet Sump.
denman Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:09:27 AM(UTC)

Nothing comes up using the given model number.
Please check it.
Are you sure it is "PWD" and not PDW.

In any case you will have to check the drain line.
A common place for it to clog is where it attaches to the house plumbing.

I am not sure why it is making your cycles longer.
The fill level should not effect cycle times directly as it is not monitored.
What can make cycle times longer is the water temperature.
The unit does monitor this and will hold until a certain temperature is reached.
Perhaps the water in the unit is cool so it takes linger to reach that temperature.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
nazia Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:52:10 AM(UTC)

Hi,

My dishwasher won't drain completely and now when I run the normal cycle. It seems that each time I run the dishwasher, there is a little bit more water left and time for the cycle is increase. Last night (runinng it for the 7th time after this problem started), time has changed progressively form 65 min to 120 min.

What do I do?

I read some posts about this issue... but none had the same model number as mine...