Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2023 10:23:53 AM(UTC)

ANSWER:

Quick Tip: It will also blink red and refuse to run if the rinse aid cup is empty and it’s tiny door open!- Make sure you fill the rinse aid cup and then shut its tiny door.
Guest Posted: Monday, May 22, 2023 6:06:49 AM(UTC)

Thank you Tricocloud. Tongues sticking out the back and stopping the front from fully closing was the reason. Visually front looks closed, active light goes on, makes whirring for a second, and then starts blinking instead of fully starting up.
Guest Posted: Thursday, March 9, 2023 6:02:20 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Guest Go to Quoted Post
I struggled with my Bosch dishwasher for hours today, finally got it work. The problem was the second rack was not in track properly. After sliding in place correctly it started to work. So check door and racks see if everything is right place.

I got my dishwasher to start by holding the door tight. When it finishes cleaning I will check the racks. The adjustable rack has always been troublesome. May take it out to see it it starts easily then I know the rack was an issue. I still think the install was not quite right. Thanks for the help.
Guest Posted: Thursday, March 9, 2023 5:59:07 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: GIII Fly Guy Go to Quoted Post
I just called the Bosch help number in the manual, 1-800-944-2904. Lady spoke native USA english, had me cycle the start button (hold down for a short period) and then close the door.
Red light still flashed. She then instructed to close the door firmly. I did but it continued flashing. On my own, I closed the door and still held pressure on it and noticed the light went steady. I told the technichian what I observed and she indicated the latch probably needed to be replaced. I thanked her and hung up. I played with the door and was ably to get it to stay latched. Obviously, the flashing red light indicates door not latched. The fix is to reset the door latch or just have it replaced. Dishwasher is 4 years old and this was the first problem. Documentation (manual furnished at time of sale) had little indication of what the idiot lights represented.

After many frustrating attempts then holding the door tight I was able to start the machine. Let’s see if it runs the cycle. I noticed when the plumber installed he was checking the closure. Hmm, could have been installation. Machine is less than two years old. Problem started just after warranty ran out. Must see if we can replace door latch easily.
Guest Posted: Thursday, February 2, 2023 6:43:03 AM(UTC)

For me it was a coffee cup! The handle was sticking out at the end into the back of the dishwasher!
Guest Posted: Saturday, November 19, 2022 5:56:22 AM(UTC)

A big thank you on this one. I thought we needed a new dishwasher. We had a rolling pin that was in the way. Moved it out and everything works great now.
Guest Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2022 7:37:08 PM(UTC)

I struggled with my Bosch dishwasher for hours today, finally got it work. The problem was the second rack was not in track properly. After sliding in place correctly it started to work. So check door and racks see if everything is right place.
Guest Posted: Monday, January 3, 2022 8:12:08 AM(UTC)

Amazing! Thanks for sharing. I'm amazed that it was this simple fix of moving a bowl... after trying just about everything!
Guest Posted: Monday, November 1, 2021 8:17:02 PM(UTC)

mine started recently doing the exact same. (Active flashing, not starting) I then started looking at latch at underside of top of dishwasher. Flicked the little trigger bit back and it now seems fine 😆 hopefully this will help someone!

Cheers
Guest - Sophie Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2021 5:16:29 PM(UTC)

I had the same problem!
Even though the door was closing and appeared latched, there was a cup handle slightly protruding and obstructing the top tray from sliding in completely. Re-adjusted the cup, pushed in the tray a little more, closed the door and it worked!

Saved myself some big $$ from getting a technician in.

Rea
Originally Posted by: Tricocloud Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GIII Fly Guy Go to Quoted Post
She then instructed to close the door firmly. I did but it continued flashing. On my own, I closed the door and still held pressure on it and noticed the light went steady. I told the technichian what I observed and she indicated the latch probably needed to be replaced. I thanked her and hung up. I played with the door and was ably to get it to stay latched. Obviously, the flashing red light indicates door not latched. The fix is to reset the door latch or just have it replaced. Dishwasher is 4 years old and this was the first problem. Documentation (manual furnished at time of sale) had little indication of what the idiot lights represented.

Turns out a soup bowl sitting in the rack was protruding slightly out the rear of the rack and keeping the door from closing properly, even though it seemed to latch. I moved the bowl: Fixed!!

Thanks for this.