Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2023 6:45:20 AM(UTC)

YUP, same issue. Going on round two of replacement pads within 15 months.
Guest Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2021 9:19:51 PM(UTC)

Complain to Whirlpool. If enough people complain, they may issue a "service bulletin" (recall) for this terrible design.
Guest Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2021 10:50:37 AM(UTC)

I have the same issue with the friction pad after 1 month of install. Ridiculous
wdinpcfl Posted: Friday, June 20, 2014 4:28:19 AM(UTC)

[COLOR="Red"]UPDATE:[/COLOR]

It's now five months since this friction sleeve was replaced. Last night I found the replacement broken and on the floor again. I have an extended warranty on this unit, so it will be repaired by my dealer. My next step will be a letter of complaint to Whirlpool. Apparently, this is a product defect and should be corrected.
wdinpcfl Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 5:29:11 AM(UTC)

I have the same model and less than a year old. I found the right side friction pad on the floor last night. I've already scheduled a service call to replace it. After doing a search online, this is a common problem with many brands of dishwashers, not just Whirlpool. I don't know why if this problem is so frequent they don't modify the part to allow them to last longer.
rwalker310 Posted: Wednesday, January 1, 2014 4:24:48 AM(UTC)

Door friction pads (OEM #AP3175245 )keep breaking and falling out of dishwasher, causing door to slam down after disengaging from lock position. They appear to have lacerations on one side as if continuous use of door rubs against them and eventually slices them open, causing them to drop to floor under appliance. Whirlpool has already replaced both under warranty but now that appliance is just over a year, I must replace on my own. *Question: has anyone else had this problem and do they know what is causing the part to be destroyed within months of it's installation?