Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Jason LaPort Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 5:00:03 PM(UTC)

Ok so I bybassed the switch for now but definitely have to reorder a new one, We let the water drain and spin out, maybe 3 or 4 minutes to do so and the tub seemed to be moving back n forth quite wildly, more then I'm use to seeing and a smell of hot motor or wires which could be where I bypassed the switch. I told wifey that we'll only do what we absolutely have to do until I get the new part in and even then I'm tempted to just pack it up and head to the laundry mat. Thanx for your help and any other advice you can give me then I'm all ears. Jason :)
fairbank56 Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 4:57:41 PM(UTC)

You can temporarily bypass the switch by jumping the connector out.

Lid switch bypassing Whirlpool direct drive washer - YouTube

Eric
Jason LaPort Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 4:22:42 PM(UTC)

I popped the top of the lid switch, it looks a little melted in there and a spring is loose with only one end attached, gonna have to order a new one but wondering if I can cob this up in the meantime
Jason LaPort Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 3:57:49 PM(UTC)

I unplugged the plugs again and everything looks good, no bent plugs, it just fills and nothing else.
Jason LaPort Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 3:02:19 PM(UTC)

Yup, I checked everything I could think of, there's only 2 plugs to unplug and plug back in so I double checked all that. The motor and pump went back nice n easy so I don't think I bent anything, Where is the motor receptacle and how do I check that? I double checked all the obvious plugs and everything seems to be in nice n tight. Not sure what else it could possibly be. The grinding noise was happening with the lid opened or closed so a faulty lid switch might be the issue too but I'm not sure.
fairbank56 Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 2:53:22 PM(UTC)

Check the motor receptacle, make sure a pin didn't get bent over. Also, if you removed the cabinet, did you remember to plug the lid switch back in? Motor won't work at all with open lid switch.

Eric
Jason LaPort Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 2:30:27 PM(UTC)

I was looking for more info and several people mentioned that there washer was humming but not doing anything, mine isn't making any noise at all. Thinking that something isn't fully plugged back in.
Jason LaPort Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 1:39:58 PM(UTC)

Well I was quite shocked at the speed of the delivery. Ordered the parts yesterday, early afternoon and it came in the mail today. After a few cuss words I had the whole shabang apart and the new pieces back on and followed the directions backwards to get everything put back on and now it wont spin or drain. Is there something I missed? It was a severe pain to get it all back together the hardest part was lining up the shroud and getting that back on. I'm hoping for maybe a loose plug or something simple like that. I'm gonna pull it back out and try to see if I can find the problem. Thank you for your help and have a happy new years. Jason
Jason LaPort Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 9:31:29 AM(UTC)

Thanx man, I ordered the part and I'll give you an update when I get it installed to let you know how it works. Have a great new year. :)
fairbank56 Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 6:59:58 AM(UTC)

Well, it's not the clutch as that has no function during agitation. Sounds like a broken motor coupler. Pull the motor to check the coupler.

Whirlpool 285753A Whirlpool Direct Drive Washer Motor Coupling - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric