Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
jrossano Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 5:00:57 PM(UTC)

I bypassed the humidistat with a jumper wire and the original solenoid worked fine. So I ordered and installed a new humidistat and all is working again. I even got to return the new solenoid valve for a refund!
nigne2011 Posted: Sunday, January 5, 2014 1:50:11 PM(UTC)

jrossano Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2013 8:55:18 AM(UTC)

Hello,

I have an Aprilaire 700M Home humidifier that was professionally installed and worked well last winter. This winter I replaced the pad and turned it on bit it's not working. The pad had no moisture at all so i figured it was not getting any water. So I attempted the following troubleshooting.

The water flowed fine to the solenoid and the screen was not clogged. The orifice and hose leading to the evaporator pad were not clogged either. When I turned the humidistat up I heard a click, but no sound at all from the solenoid valve. I tested the voltage in the wires coming from the humidistat and it read 28. So I took those wires and attached the directly to the solenoid wires. Again there was no click from the solenoid when I turned up the humidistat. So I ordered and installed a new 24v solenoid valve (#4040).

But here is the problem - I have the same exact symptom with the new solenoid valve! I again connected the wires from the humidistat to the solenoid and hear nothing. There is 28v coming from the humidistat, but when I connect the wires to the solenoid and measure the voltage reads .1. I don not have a 24v transformer or I’d try testing with that.

Does this give anyone a clue to what the problem might be?

Thanks,
Joe