Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2021 1:10:19 PM(UTC)

I have the older model maytag Neptune and it washes but in middle of the wash i guess at the rinse it will stop and says water did not fill what does that mean and is it fixable
tanzuki Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2014 1:26:51 PM(UTC)

So I was having the same problem. Did a ton of research to find nothing that was hard set in stone common fix for this problem so I figured I would post up what I think my problem was.

First I have a MAH3000AWW I've owned since new, purchased in 1999. I've had many issues but am totally willing to tear into just about anything before I replace it. So I started having a problem 2yrs ago I replaced the motor and control board with the upgrade. I did the wax motor before it took out my main board. So I took the thing apart and inspected everything...it all looks good. I just happen to be fiddling with some wires and one of the wires that go to the "out of balance" switch, for lack of better words came out of the plastic plug and was broken at the crimp area of the spade connector. So I fix it, put it all back together and it's worked fine for the last 2 loads I've ran. So I pretty sure that was my problem...but I am keeping my fingers crossed.
NeptuneHelp Posted: Sunday, December 8, 2013 7:54:33 AM(UTC)

If the inner basket does not rotate at all then that will shutdown the machine. You did not mention which model you have. If it is a digital unit then you should get an LR error code which is locked rotor.

There is a diagnostic sheet in the top console section that has a wiring diagram and diagnostic help. Locate that sheet and perform the motor drive test. I would also check the connectors on all of the circuit boards. It is a good idea to pull each connector and put them back on to clean the connectors as they can oxidize over time and make bad contact. See Here for additional motor drive information.

If you have the older motor drive then you will need the motor conversion kit which has a motor, motor control board and wiring harness. If you have a newer motor drive you will only need to replace the motor control board.

If you have a timer knob based Neptune, don't forget to replace the original brown tipped door latch wax motor. See Neptune Help Song for a video that explains what fails. All of the stand alone timer based Neptune's shipped with this faulty wax motor that will eventually fail and damage the R11 resistor and Q6 triac on the machine control board. It is better to prevent the failure so you don't risk damaging the machine control board.

The digital Neptune's do not have a wax motor but a solenoid that locks the door.

Another thing that will shutdown the Neptune's when filling is the water inlet screens. These can be checked by removing the water hoses and looking up into the water inlets with a flashlight. Use tweezers or needle nose pliers to pull out any debris in those screens. If the screens are clogged it reduces the water flow and it takes too long to fill which will shut down the machine so it does not overfill.

I hope this helps...

Jeff Hartman
kluskc Posted: Saturday, December 7, 2013 9:15:13 PM(UTC)

Hi. I am new to this forum. The machine is almost fifteen years old. Yesterday, I started a normal load and went back to find that the machine had stopped after the water filled the tub. I tried again and found that the door lock light comes on as the water was filling. Suddenly, water stops filling and the machine turns off and the lights go off. I open the door and found water still in the tub because the cycle had stopped before wash, rinse or spin. I can turn the machine to the spin cycle and the water will drain. But there is no spinning or agitation of the machine.

Do you think this is repairable? Is it the motor? Any thoughts. Thanks.