Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sun47me Posted: Friday, November 29, 2013 3:00:07 PM(UTC)

Denman

Thank you for your quick reply. After I checked the piston and nut assembly, the water fill up the sump tub. Guest, that must be normal. Now that I know that there is some water left, I should not be so worried. The reason I started the thread was, there was odor coming from the D/W, and I thought that the standing water was the cause( which was and because if has not been used for months). After using is for several day now, the odor is gone.
denman Posted: Friday, November 29, 2013 5:51:19 AM(UTC)

There can be a bunch of reason why there is water left in the unit.

I am assuming that the unit with the current plumbing hook up used to drain OK.
Note that there is always some water in the sump as these pumps will burn out their seal if run when dry.

Check that the wash/drain solenoid on the pump left side is pulled down all the way during a drain cycle. Down is drain, up is wash.

Check that the drain hose is clear all the way to the house plumbing.
A common place for clogs is the fitting that goes into the end of the drain hose.

Check that the sump is clean and nothing is wrapped around the chopper.
Be careful as there is often broken glass in the sump.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
sun47me Posted: Friday, November 29, 2013 4:18:31 AM(UTC)

Denman,
I removed and checked the valve you mentioned, the plastic and rubber piece looked ok. There were no debris inside the piece where the valve goes in. Is there any other part that would cause the water pooling?
denman Posted: Thursday, November 28, 2013 12:41:32 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Parts for GE GSD4800J01WW / - AppliancePartsPros.com

Unfortunately a parts breakdown is not available for this unit.
But looking through the parts I see that it uses a piston and nut (see below).
Click on the picture for more info on the part.
This is a common cause of water left in the tub. If it does not seal correctly during the drain cycle some of the water goes back into the tub instead of out the drain.

Usually it is at the bottom/back of the tub, behind a screen filter.
It unscrews.
Part number: AP2617344
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
sun47me Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 4:46:52 PM(UTC)

I am wondering what would cause the water to pool inside the dishwasher. I clean up all the tubes and pipes. All functions ok except it does not fully remove all the water. There is probably 1/2 inch water left in the bottom