Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Appliance Ninja Posted: Friday, November 15, 2013 1:24:59 PM(UTC)

You are very welcome, keep me posted!
kywingnut Posted: Friday, November 15, 2013 12:37:42 PM(UTC)

Thanks Ninja. I will troubleshoot that next and let you know.
Appliance Ninja Posted: Friday, November 15, 2013 12:20:13 PM(UTC)

The page below will help you test from the control. There are several things involved with that fill. I figured it would be something common, but looks like not. Let me know what you find with the tests below.
kywingnut Posted: Friday, November 15, 2013 12:11:06 PM(UTC)

Ninja
Well, I checked the float switch, manually it moves up and down okay. I took the leads off and checked continuity, that seemed okay also.
I plugged the connector in and turned on the dishwasher.
The top of the connector had a red and white wire, the middle connector had a single gray wire, and the bottom had a single white wire.
With the dishwasher on and the connector plugged in, I checked voltage where the wires went in.
I had 120 volts between the red/white and single gray. Also had 120 volts between the single gray and single white wire. (top prong/middle prong & bottom prong/middle prong)
0 volts between the top red/white and bottom single white wire.
120 volts from top red/white to ground and 120 volts between bottom single wire and ground.
Not sure where to go from here.
Thanks again
Appliance Ninja Posted: Friday, November 15, 2013 8:56:31 AM(UTC)

You bet, let me know what you find!
kywingnut Posted: Friday, November 15, 2013 8:52:50 AM(UTC)

Thanks very much for your quick reply. Yes, I checked between the terminals on the water inlet valve first and found the 120 volts to ground.
I will check the float switch next. Thanks for the post with the link to the switches.
Appliance Ninja Posted: Friday, November 15, 2013 7:56:55 AM(UTC)

You don't say specifically, but I suspect you are testing across the terminals to the inlet valve. If so, the control is calling for water (because the 120 VAC to ground is present), so that means that you are losing the neutral somewhere. I suspect one of the switches on the water fill assembly has issues. The picture below will help identify the switches you will need to test. That assembly is mounted on the LH side of the tub.
kywingnut Posted: Friday, November 15, 2013 7:44:47 AM(UTC)

Hello
I have a Bosch dishwasher I am having a problem with. It is not filling with water when I turn it on. I have checked across the 2 terminals with the dishwasher running and I have 0 volts. Each one of these terminals to ground has 120 volts though. I think the 120 volts should be across the terminals though. What does the 120 volts to ground mean?
Any help as to what my next step would be would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Mike