Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 6:22:36 AM(UTC)

You need to use a multi meter to check that you have 120v to each side of the connection block. Then unplug the dryer and check continuity on all of the thermostat/thermal fuses. It is likely that thermal fuse again, the long white one but could be others.

The reason that they blow is that there is an obstruction preventing proper air flow. The dryer heats up and the as a safety device they open and shut off the heat or the dryer completely. You need to clean out the lint chute and vent areas completely, including the area inside the blower cover.

Get the air flowing properly and you should be ok after you replace the blown part.

Good luck.
momoftwynz Posted: Monday, October 12, 2009 6:28:01 PM(UTC)

My dryer quit working completely a few weeks ago. I checked around and found the answer to problem. I replaced the fuse (little white one about 1 1/2" long). That worked for all of 10 minutes and then the dryer quit completely. I changed the fuse in the fuse panel of the house and that didn't seem to work. I checked the plug because on closer review I seen that it was burnt on one of the connections. That seemed to fix the problem for about 3 weeks. Now the dryer will not dry again. It only blows out cold air. I just changed the element and that has not help at all. What else is there that I need to change? Please help me!!