Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Wednesday, January 8, 2014 12:42:32 AM(UTC)

If you only have partial, light frost on the evaporator, you have a leak.
lukewarm Posted: Tuesday, January 7, 2014 10:36:23 AM(UTC)

Thanks, how do I check for a leak?
richappy Posted: Tuesday, January 7, 2014 12:26:40 AM(UTC)

You may have caused a refrigerant leak when you defrosted the evaporator, just check.
lukewarm Posted: Monday, January 6, 2014 10:06:08 PM(UTC)

Realized I didn't clip the wire#2 on the J1 plug after installing the new board. Now the fridge has cooled down nicely, but the freezer is too warm (soft ice cream). Compressor seems to be running non-stop. Does this need a recharge?
richappy Posted: Sunday, January 5, 2014 12:31:18 AM(UTC)

Jam the damper door half way open with a wad of duck tape and see if the fridg cools down.
lukewarm Posted: Saturday, January 4, 2014 5:29:59 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Check for an ice jam in the air return in the bottom of the freezer behind the freezer panel.

No ice jam...
richappy Posted: Saturday, January 4, 2014 3:43:53 PM(UTC)

Check for an ice jam in the air return in the bottom of the freezer behind the freezer panel.
lukewarm Posted: Saturday, January 4, 2014 7:12:19 AM(UTC)

So, before changing the motherboard, I decided to first test the evaporator thermistor, and indeed it was bad. I replaced it and it seemed to solve the problem (almost).

The defrost issue ceased to be an issue, which meant the refrigerator section cooled down nicely. However, the freezer consistently was too warm (cold enough to freeze water, but ice cream was soft).

I then replaced the freezer thermistor and the main board. The freezer is now nice and cold, but the refrigerator is warm again!

I replaced the fresh food thermistor, still no luck.

At this point the refrigerator has a new damper control, new thermistors, and new main board. The evaporator fan and damper control function (just don't seem to be operating often enough to cool the refrigerator).

I'm stuck. Do I need a new refrigerator? If so, I guess I have to chalk this up to an educational experience... In any event, new refrigerator or not, the stubbornness in me is determined to fix this thing.

Any ideas as to what I may be missing?

Thanks in advance.

Lukewarm
richappy Posted: Sunday, November 3, 2013 12:43:53 AM(UTC)

Yes, I would replace the motherboard, most probable failure.
lukewarm Posted: Saturday, November 2, 2013 7:40:42 AM(UTC)

Thanks richappy.

I've learned a lot by reading your posts on this forum.

So, I realized this morning that I did not properly execute the manual defrost yesterday. If you look at the photo I posted yesterday, I jumped the pins on the board, and not on the connector.

This morning I jumped the pins on the connector and the defrost heater warmed right up. So... now I know that the defrost heater is okay.

Where should I go from here? Should I assume I need a new board, or are there any other components I should check first?

Thanks in advance!

Luke (Warm)