Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
jontomato Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 5:37:50 PM(UTC)

My FEFLMC55GCA frigidaire range is having similar problems. My wife cleaned behind the oven and now it loses heat over time and eventually the oven and stovetop do not heat at all. We've tried resetting the circuit breaker which fixed it at one point, but now it's not working at all. Please help, Gene!
Gene Posted: Monday, December 10, 2012 12:12:06 PM(UTC)

Hi Sam,

You did everything right and there are no more tests needed. The problem is a bad oven control board (aka a clock). No doubt about it. You may want to order the clock overlay too because it's adhered to the clock.

- The control board Part number: 316455400
samttu Posted Monday, December 10, 2012 9:34:20 AM(UTC)

Hi Gene - I think I already know the answer but want to double check with you.

Model FEF326FBD. Bake and Broil do not heat up at all. Stove top elements all work, and display operates as is everything is ok.

Checked the temp probe and it ohmed out ok. Continuity on both elements. Anything else to check on this model before purchasing the control board and overlay?

thanks ...Sam
Gene Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:53:24 PM(UTC)

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your good words.

There are no any safety devices in your range. In such situation when both bake and broil do not work the problem most likely is a bad oven control board. I would recommend to order the overlay too because it's adhered to the control board.

- The control board Part number: 316455400
SteveNewman Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:03:46 AM(UTC)

Gene,
You do a great job helping folks out here. I've been encouraged reading your posts. I have a FEF339FSE and the oven/broil do not heat at all. Is there a fuse or reset on these to check or what else might be the issue.

Thanks!
Steve Newman
Gene Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 2:04:11 PM(UTC)

Hi Debora,

Sorry to hear it.

Sounds like the problem is a bad selector switch.

- The selector switch Part number: 7403P172-60
DEBORA G Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 10:25:44 AM(UTC)

i have a double oven : the fan always goes on whenever you put either oven on and the fan is located where wires are and not in either oven: when i put top oven on it wont heat and fan doesnt go one either: i checked elements and both work :when i put bottom oven on , fan works and heats up great: i replaced the top thermostat but still didnt work: NOW ON THANKSGIVING DAY BOTTOM OVEN WENT OUT TOO AND FAN DOESNT WORK: I DO NOT HAVE A CONTROL PANEL AND SUSPECT THAT THE FAN IS THE PROBLEM NOW : COULD YOU TELL ME IF THE FAN HAS TO WORK BEFORE THE ELEMENTS HEAT BECAUSE THE FAN PROTECTS THE WIRES FROM THE HEAT: 9522XUB IS MODEL NUMBER:D
Gene Posted: Tuesday, November 6, 2012 3:34:23 PM(UTC)

Hi Bryan,

Most likely the problem is a bad oven control board. Also the oven temperature sensor can be bad too. The oven temperature sensor can be tested for continuity. The normal reading suppose to be about 1100 Ohms @ room temperature. The oven control board does not need any tests. Just replace it. I would recommend to order the overlay too because it's adhered to the control board.

- The control board (aka a clock/timer) Part number: 316557115
Part number: 316557115

- The overlay Part number: 316419103
Part number: 316419103

- The oven temperature sensor Part number: 316490001
Part number: 316490001

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for Frigidaire FEF366DCB Range - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
bcarter Posted: Sunday, November 4, 2012 5:35:04 PM(UTC)

Need some help and Gene seems to be the man...

So...my stove works, but bake and broil do not. The control panel works. I can set the clock, turn on the oven and broil and set temps but it does not heat up at all. Previously I was getting an F10 alarm every once and a while. Noticed the oven was heating to significantly lower temps (i.e. preheat to 550, control panel would show it was done preheating but thermometer placed inside oven would show 350-400). Then received a F30 code and oven quit working all together.

I have tested the outlet, bake/broil elements and temp sensor probe with a multimeter and all are fine. Before I gambled and just bought a new EOC for $90 is there anything else I can check to be sure I am not wasting money on a part that isn't broken?

Regards,
Bryan
Gene Posted: Friday, November 2, 2012 4:52:53 PM(UTC)

You are welcome.

I meant that it's better to buy a new overlay then trying to attach the old one with risk to damage a new control board.

Keep us posted.

Gene.