Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Saturday, February 9, 2008 3:41:46 PM(UTC)

Hi James,

I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
Paradox Posted: Saturday, February 9, 2008 3:28:38 PM(UTC)

Thank you Gene. Things are funny... I spent days searching on the web for my Admiral NT1377 model, and nothing was found. I did learn much from this site from the stickies in how to test the various components. Anyway, I found a small store just 15 miles away, who probably doesn't know what the internet is, but had microfiche, and found my model. Amazing!! Anyway, he was able to supply a GE defrost timer, EXACTLY, the same as mine, and everything is working great. I love the internet, but sometimes, the old ways (microfiche) wins.
Thank you so much for you assistance. Wish I could offer you a cold beer from my now working fridge.
Thanks,
James
Gene Posted: Friday, February 8, 2008 8:07:57 AM(UTC)

Hi James,

If you can post a picture of the timer, I can help you to match it up.

Gene.
Paradox Posted: Friday, February 8, 2008 3:27:09 AM(UTC)

Hello Gene,

Thanks for your reply. The model number is correct, but it is an old fridge, probably from the 70s. (basement beer fridge) Actually, I found the timer last evening, and after testing with the meter, it appears to be the problem. For future reference, the timer is in the rear near the compressor, but up and "outta sight", to the left.

Now to see if I can find a replacement timer for such an old fridge.

Thanks for your efforts. Great site.
James
Gene Posted: Thursday, February 7, 2008 12:33:43 PM(UTC)

I'll be glad to help you but the model number you posted does not come up. It could be incorrect or just too old.

Verify and repost it, please.

Gene.
Paradox Posted: Thursday, February 7, 2008 3:33:50 AM(UTC)

Hello,

We have an old Admiral refrigerator model NT1377 and the evaporator coil keeps freezing up every few months requiring am manual defrost. Even the tube from the compressor up to the freezer on the back of the fridge has a thick coating of frost/ice. I realize the problem is with either the defrost timer, defrost thermostat, or the heater, however I can not find the defrost thermostat or timer. There is nothing I can see in the evap compartment, or under the fridge, and the only thing on the back is the condenser unit. I replaced a defrost timer on another brand some years ago, so I think I know what I am looking for, but as much as I try, I cannot find these two components. (defrost timer and thermostat)
The back of the fridge seems to be double walled, so maybe they are somewhere in between, but there is no access plate. I have searched for a wiring diagram, but cannot find one for such an old unit.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
PZ