Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
HumboldtRepairMan Posted: Tuesday, September 3, 2013 3:33:34 PM(UTC)

Anythings possible so either go to your rental place and test it with us online or call a service tech that knows what there doing in that area.
beb123 Posted: Tuesday, September 3, 2013 3:30:28 PM(UTC)

Thanks. How could it be the burner as both of the elements of the burner do work (though not at the right time)? Seems as though it's either a stuck switch contact as noted in the video link or perhaps incorrect wiring (seems unlikely).

I can't easily diagnose as it's at a vacation home that's a couple hours away, thus I'd like to narrow it down as much as possible and order parts before I go there next.
HumboldtRepairMan Posted: Monday, September 2, 2013 7:25:26 PM(UTC)

It could be the burner or the switch. Here's some helpful video's and schematics to help you determine that.
Parts for Whirlpool KECC502GWH0 Cooktop - AppliancePartsPros.com
kitchen aid cooktop burners - YouTube
beb123 Posted: Monday, September 2, 2013 5:37:44 PM(UTC)

The combo burner on my KA cooktop only works as a big burner no matter what position the knob is in. If it's on the small burner settings, both the small and large elements heat up. On the large settings, both also heat up. So basically I can't use it as a small burner. Is the knob assembly to blame, and if so is it an easy swap?