Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Friday, April 9, 2021 2:07:18 PM(UTC)

Thank you people for sharing your knowledge.10 minutes of working with a fan on the hinge side of freezer door and water dispenser did the job. Thank you all.
redrock444@rochester.rr.com Posted: Monday, February 25, 2019 1:27:42 PM(UTC)

my electrolux e123cs55gs1 has same problem. Ice maker is fine but no water from dispenser. I replaced the control block about 2 years ago and it fixed it, but I had a hard time then yo get it to work. I read something on line back then, but don't remember what the fix was. I am racking my brain because I have the same problem again and replaced the distribution block again but still no water
Bobby-Houston Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2019 1:05:41 PM(UTC)

I have read this thread and have a similar problem w/ my Electrlux EI26SS55GB0 refrigerator.
I have no water at the dispenser. I hear the solenoid fire but no water. THE ICE CUBES ARE COMING OUT SMALL AS WELL. I replaced the filter. When I hit the paddle I hear the water run to fill the new filter and then stops. When I hit the eject button for the filter, the filter shoots out.
Any ideas?
Shill Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2016 9:40:53 AM(UTC)

2012 We had one of those and Electrolux denied it was a design flaw. Water line in door froze after a few months. Claimed it did not happen to anyone else.

They replaced freezer door 1X, entire fridge 1X, service to thaw line 3X and finally we asked for our money back and returned fridge after 2 yrs - thank goodness we still had the extended warranty. I feel your pain.
jbx9828 Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2015 10:01:53 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the post. You were spot on. 15-20 min with the blow dryer on the inside/ hinge side of freezer door thawed the line. Worked the blow dryer up and down and on the side of ice dispenser. Water dispenser began working.
ChrisCT Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 3:00:16 PM(UTC)

Our Electrolux water doesn't work from time to time, although the ice maker always works. This occurs because the line is frozen. To fix, open the freezer door and use a hair dryer to defrost. The line runs in side the door from the hinge on the bottom, up the right (hinge side) of the door. Be careful not to melt the plastic. It takes me about 10 minutes to fix.
ev69 Posted: Monday, February 17, 2014 1:38:15 PM(UTC)

Expert:
Remove the crisper drawers out of the fridge. Behind the drawers you will see some water tubing. The tubing is the water resivior. Use a hair dryer on the resivior to thaw it.

Customer:
I took your advice and used a hair dryer. I heard a pop and now have water leaking from the reservoir. Guess I need a new reservoir?

Expert:
Yes but the problem was a frozen reservoir. The reservoir wont leak when it is frozen it leaks when the ice turns to water. When the water freezes it expands and sometime cracks the reservoir.

Customer:
OK, thanks. Is it special tubing to replace water tank or will regular 1/4" plastic tubing work?

Expert:
Just 1/4 inch. You might be able to cut out the split part and splice the tubing back together.
ev69 Posted: Monday, February 17, 2014 1:34:07 PM(UTC)

Justanswer dot com -

"Expert: Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
ok so this could be a problem with your filter receptacle, or on this particular refrigerator, the most common issue is that the water line inside the door freezes. Remove the kick panel below the refrigerator and freezer doors and look for the water line disconnect just behind the front panel near the freezer door hinge. Disconnect the water line and shut the door. Press the water dispenser and see if water comes out of the water line at the bottom where you'd disconnected the water line. If water comes out, you'll need to just turn the refrigerator off and leave the door open for about 45 minutes and that will allow the door to heat up enough that when you connect the water line to the door again, it should start to dispense water again. Using a hair dryer to warm up the door is also very useful.

If you don't have water that comes out the lower hose when you disconnect it and push the dispenser paddle, you need to replace the filter receptacle because it often stops flow of water to the dispenser for some reason."

"You need to open the freezer door---it's the one with the dispenser on it. The water line runs up through that door."
ev69 Posted: Monday, February 17, 2014 1:27:06 PM(UTC)

Compiling link for others who are faced with this problem -

Sears Parts direct -

"Scott D , April 29, 2013 (Expert)

Thank you for your question. I know it can be disappointing when the dispenser stops working. If the icemaker is still working, it does indicate the filter is ok. If you can hear a noise when the dispenser is activated, it indicates the water valve # 241734302 is being energized but is apparently not opening and will probably need to be replaced. Now, it is possible the water tank behind the crispers could be frozen but it's not very likely. To check the water tank, pull the crisper drawers out and you will have access to the tank. If the tank is frozen, you can use a hair dryer to thaw it out. Just be careful not to get it too hot. I hope this will help you. If you would like more assistance, reply to this thread and I will be glad to assist you further."
ev69 Posted: Monday, February 17, 2014 1:21:32 PM(UTC)

Here's a youtube video that shows how to clean the bottom coils -

Refrigerator Maintenance Tips - YouTube