Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
misterfixall Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 6:11:16 PM(UTC)

need make of fridge along with model number
corman1283 Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 11:44:43 AM(UTC)

I think my freezer might be having a problem with the freezer fan... It sounds like it wants to start up, but then makes a clunk and stops...It does this in cycles. I looked to the back and could see and are where the freezer light was shining through the fan mechanism, making a shadow on the back wall, and I could see the fan stop after the "clunk". I tried turning the freezer level to zero for a brief moment and that stopped the sound, but obviously I had to turn it back up. After about 10-15 minutes of these sounds, it usually finally kicks on and I ccan hear it running normally. Does this problem sound like a bad freezer fan to anyone, and if so, what should I expect for replacment costs? Is it something I could do myself? (I am pretty mechanically inclined)

My wife wants it fixed yesterday! Help!
misterfixall Posted: Wednesday, February 6, 2008 2:51:34 PM(UTC)

it could be freezer fan motors .i have replaced 3 in the past month .i think we are seeing premature failing of these motors. i now stock it in my truck. the heat your talking about is mullion heaters, normal ,prevents condensation build up
Gene Posted: Wednesday, February 6, 2008 11:09:48 AM(UTC)

The first thing I would do is remove the cover on the back of the fridge and check if the condenser fan (the cooling fan next to the compressor) is running properly.

If it does not, unplug the power cord and do not use the fridge until the condenser fan motor replaced. Overheating could damage the compressor.

- The part number for the condenser fan motor is AP4318657

Gene.
P.S. This is a good time to clean the condenser coil.
- The part number for the special condenser coil brush is AP4320046
gracegrace Posted: Tuesday, February 5, 2008 12:48:05 PM(UTC)

My double door whirlpool refridgerator started making this loud annoying sound. it seems to be coming from the fridge part. Also the middle panel between the doors gets real hot!!! intermittently. Please help
thanks for your time