Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
andhe78 Posted: Friday, December 12, 2014 12:41:47 PM(UTC)

I know this thread is old, but just wanted to add a thank you. Had this same model washer with the exact same problem and the solution worked perfectly. Thanks again.
schristensen22 Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 10:56:45 AM(UTC)

Thank you!!!!! That is exactly what it was!!!!!!!
fairbank56 Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 10:24:03 AM(UTC)

Open the control panel and remove the hose from the pressure switch on the left. If it now starts filling, the hose is probably gunked up where it connects to the air dome on the lower left side of the tub. If it still doesn't fill and just agitates right away, disconnect the wiring at the pressure switch. If it still agitates right away, the timer is bad.

Eric
schristensen22 Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 9:57:23 AM(UTC)

Yes when i set it to the beginning of a cycle instead of filling with water it starts to agitate. If I let it continue it will complete each cycle. On the rinse/soak cycle it puts just a small amount of water in the tub. When it gets to the drain/spin cycle I can hear it trying to suck water out but it never starts to spin. That cycle is where I noticed something was wrong because the last load was still soaking wet because it didn't spin.

I will have to take the front off later to look at the pulleys but the timer goes through every cycle without stopping.
fairbank56 Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 8:33:38 AM(UTC)

Are you saying it agitates as soon as you turn it on, with no water in it? You say it drains, are you manually filling it with water? Take the front panel off. What's going on with the motor, pulleys and belt in spin mode?

Eric
schristensen22 Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 5:59:21 AM(UTC)

My GE washer will not fill with water and goes immediately to agitate, it also will drain the water but not spin. The timer seems to work but makes a humming sound when on the spin cycle. Any ideas?