Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
DrMoisheP Posted: Monday, April 6, 2015 1:31:28 PM(UTC)

On my washer, the flow meter was bad. The flow meter has a spinner with a magnet (in which particles could get stuck, preventing it from spinning), and a reed switch on the outside, with electrical connection. On my washer, I kept getting HF messages, and found that the reed switch remained open (no conduction), even when a magnet was held against it. Rather than replace the whole unit, I replaced just the reed switch (they're about one or two dollars).

It was surprising that the reed switch wore out, but by my calculation, it opens and closes about 2,000,000 times per year, with our usage, as the little rotor spins during each fill cycle. Since the replacement, the washer is working well.

UserPostedImage
the7things Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 6:58:09 AM(UTC)

this machine is actually about 9 years old
the7things Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 6:57:14 AM(UTC)

Hello,

I have Whirlpool Duet Washer that gives me an HF Error Code 2.5 minutes into a 40 minute Normal/Casual cycle. Water starts to fill the tub normally, tub starts to tumble, FH error code shows up…everytime about 2.5 minutes into the cycle.

I can get it to drain completely, spin normally, and finish cycle manually.

Technician that was out onsite told me that it was the flowmeter or pressure switch. He didn’t have either part so I ordered them on my own and they didn’t fix the issue. He also tested the CCU and he said it was fine.

So far I have

Cleaned out:
Pump Filter
Hot/cold water screens

Replaced:
Internal Drain Hose (had hole in it so it leaked) (new)
Pressure Switch Hose (black, had small leak)
Pressure Switch (used but working in machine it came out of)
Flowmeter (used but working in machine it came out of)

I have also checked:
that both valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way.
for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves
Drain pump works fine
Wire harness connections are tight
There are no leaks
Diagostic Test gives me the HF Error at C0:1

The tech mentioned that I should tilt the washer forward when putting on the hose from the pressure switch to the tub to eliminate a siphon issue. Did that.

I’m still getting the HF error.

Any help would be appreciated.