Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Slogan Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 4:40:10 PM(UTC)

That was my first thought but I chickened out and took it off! Thanks so much for your time I really appreciate it!
Simon / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 4:37:34 PM(UTC)

What you are holding is the right part. There are two contacts with four prongs each for multiple wires (if needed). Connect one wire to any of the left prongs and another one to any of the right prongs.
Put some electrical tape around connectors to prevent any short.

Simon.
Slogan Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 4:29:13 PM(UTC)

This is the new one. I was told its better?
Simon / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 4:23:00 PM(UTC)

Hi.

Can you post the picture of the new one.
That will make it easier.

Simon.
Slogan Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 3:22:16 PM(UTC)

So I can use the new one with 4 pins? I have only two wires? I'f you can't tell I'm learning as I go... One appliance at a time :)
Simon / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 3:10:53 PM(UTC)

Hi.

Don't understand what is the problem you are experiencing. You are holding regular run capacitor 5mf/370v. The only difference would be - the new one is maybe oval. What you are getting is universal capacitor with several capacities. The one lead is common and the others are maybe 5,10, 15 mf. Choose the one you need - 5mf. The double contacts are for multiple wires if present.

Simon.

P.S. Love your nails.
Slogan Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:31:12 PM(UTC)

I'm trying to replace the capacitor on my furnace blower but I can't find a match for the old one. It's likely from the late 1980s. I know this units on its way out but I'm trying to buy some time.

The old capacitor is round plastic with two prongs on top. All the replacements including the one I got from the local hvac guys are two set of four prongs. Not sure what my options are here??? Thanks