Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:36:32 PM(UTC)

You have a built in diagnostic on the motor, which is a flashing green light.

Here is a link to a post that will show you how to interpret the error code. But the first thing to do is to go through the re-set procedure. Some times that is all it takes.

This 'mode shifter' model is one of GE's worst ideas. If you need to replace the mode shifter or motor I suggest buying a new, basic top loader with no electronics.

HydroWave GE Washer Repair Guide
SandieS Posted: Monday, March 25, 2013 4:11:01 PM(UTC)

My GE washing machine Model WWSE5240GOWW will no longer agitate or spin:confused: I was told it was the motor but I believe it may be in the control panel? The reason is one day I decided to just put a few hand towels in the machine on low water setting to see what would happen and walked away from the machine, got busy doing other things and forgot to check. Well when I went back to check I opened the lid to find the machine had actually worked on Every Cycle!?
Of course , I then tried again but no such luck. This machine has not been used for "family wash", just myself and I only do 2-3 small-medium loads a week, I see no reason why the machine should no longer work, seems things are not made to Last anymore! I purchased the machine in 2007 and at this point I know I will never buy another GE product again, but would like to be able to solve the problem and continue using the one I have :)