Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
rmyers2010 Posted: Monday, September 12, 2016 3:29:24 PM(UTC)

I just now fixed my Samsung, which had the same problem. The drum would not stop spinning - even after the control panel was turned "off".

Apparently the problem was that the "fluff" mode, or "wrinkle free" mode had been activated and needed to complete its full cycle. Turning off the machine, or even unplugging it would not interrupt the "fluff" mode. Apparently Samsung takes its wrinkles VERY seriously!

To "fix" it, I turned the fluff cycle to the lowest possible time and just let it finish its cycle. I suppose the cycle might have run its course if I let it go the full regular time, but that is 3 hours! Anyway, the dryer works fine now.

Good luck with yours.
CARSAN Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 6:51:27 PM(UTC)

:) thanks for the posting just reading it found my solution!!!
CARSAN Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 6:48:19 PM(UTC)

thanks for the posting just reading it found my solution!!!
denman Posted: Saturday, March 2, 2013 2:16:54 PM(UTC)

Glad to hear that you got it fixed.

And thanks for getting back to us. Now when others search for a similar problem they will see what actually worked instead of just suggestions about what could be the cause.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
pladaaad Posted: Saturday, March 2, 2013 1:20:54 PM(UTC)

Replacing the control board fixed the problem. The relay for the motor was shorted in the closed position.
denman Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:28:56 AM(UTC)

Basically that is what you have to do.

Everything else seems to check out OK so all that is left is the control board.

If you order from AppliancePartsPros they will allow you to return the board if it does not fix your problem.
Please see teir return policy.
pladaaad Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:15:43 AM(UTC)

Thanks Denman, but already had the tech sheet. Test #5 has all scenarios except if the control panel is working. Still have no way to diagnose the control board. Guess I have to buy a new one to test.
denman Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:02:37 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Parts for Whirlpool GEW9200LW1 Dryer - AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachment for the tech sheet.

You could check the control panel/keypad but it does sound like the control board is toast.
pladaaad Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:14:35 AM(UTC)

Still won't stop spinning.:confused: I now just leave the door open when not in use.
denman Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:34:48 AM(UTC)

Your model number seems to be missing several digits at the end.
Please check it.