Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
appliance dude Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:42:21 PM(UTC)

Be careful when replacing the motor on a GE. I have had that adapter harness pictured above come wired wrong. It would start going up and stop. Two motors later we found out it was cutting off on overload due to that harness being incorrect from the factory.
scott5495 Posted: Monday, May 6, 2013 1:30:48 PM(UTC)

switch kit g.e. no. is wc36x5054
scott5495 Posted: Monday, May 6, 2013 1:25:03 PM(UTC)

by holding the pedal up you are in a way bypassing one of the switches. the reason you can take the gear off and it still work is because the two switches do not have to be activated if the ram is not moving. there is a start and reversing switch. replace them both just to be sure.
oldschool51 Posted: Friday, January 4, 2013 11:59:20 AM(UTC)

I replaced the motor twice . thanks
Gene Posted: Thursday, January 3, 2013 11:10:50 AM(UTC)

Hello,

Sounds like the problem is a bad motor centrifugal switch and/or a bad start windings. The correction is to replace the motor.

- The motor assembly Part number: WC26X10006
Part number: WC26X10006

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for GE GCG1700L0II Compactor - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
oldschool51 Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2013 11:08:03 AM(UTC)

2 issues. First i have to hold foot lever up all the time to make work, but the main issue is when it starts working and the ram is moving the motor stops. I have taken the large gear off and the motor works fine. I can turn the chain and seem like the ram works fine. please help thank you ron