Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Simon / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:09:27 PM(UTC)

Hi.

I don't think it's relevant.Do a real good paint job.

Simon.
kalt Posted: Monday, December 31, 2012 3:56:38 PM(UTC)

Is the metal inside the waveguide supposed to be exposed? I stuck my DMM probe into the hole and i get continuity between the inside and outside of the waveguide shell

Here is pic of the outside of the waveguide
kalt Posted: Monday, December 31, 2012 2:49:08 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

If you will be able to sandpaper all the area, clean it with isopropyl alcohol and spray paint it with microwave cavity paint 2-3 layers there is a small chance that with the new magnetron it'll be OK. The magnetron is #7 on the diagram

Part number: 5304472109

God luck.Post the results.

Simon.

Thanks, i'll report back with my results.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Monday, December 31, 2012 2:10:10 PM(UTC)

Hi.

If you will be able to sandpaper all the area, clean it with isopropyl alcohol and spray paint it with microwave cavity paint 2-3 layers there is a small chance that with the new magnetron it'll be OK. The magnetron is #7 on the diagram

God luck.Post the results.

Simon.
kalt Posted: Monday, December 31, 2012 1:55:06 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

Most likely you are out of luck.

Simon.

Thanks, so it will be a wasted effort trying to paint the exposed metal?
Simon / APP Team Posted: Monday, December 31, 2012 9:51:41 AM(UTC)

Hi.

Most likely you are out of luck.

Simon.
kalt Posted: Monday, December 31, 2012 9:41:35 AM(UTC)

Hello, my sisters microwave started making a short and random buzzing sound while running. It still heated her food so she used it this way till i got a chance to look at it 2 weeks later. I noticed two scratches with burn marks in the cabinet which i sanded and painted them with appliance paint. The microwave worked for a couple of days but started buzzing again then stopped heating so i opened it up to see what was going on. Upon further inspections it appears the HV diode is shorted and the magnetron antenna is burnt. I would like to replace the magnetron and diode but the magnetron has also burned through the paint on its mount.

Here are some pictures, please let me know if it worth replacing the magnetron. She paid $900+ for microwave 2 years ago so it will not be easily replaced.