Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
jkoogler Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 2:22:13 PM(UTC)

Dryer all of the sudden will not dry clothes. After troubleshooting the sensors, I checked for diagnostic codes and found an 02 code for the thermistor "opened sensed". Checking the resistance I found it to be 11k ohms, which was one of the possible issues. Vent pipe is not clogged and ambient outside temp was in the 70's. I also noticed when you would turn the dryer on it would seem to heat up for a few seconds then turn off. I replaced the thermistor and there is no change and the 02 code is still active even after clearing and it will heat for a few seconds and turn off. Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Update: I checked the new thermistor and it read 9k+ ohms. I have noticed that the heater relay will kick on when first starting up and then kick off seconds later. Assuming this is from the thermistor code and assuming the thermistor is good. Could I use a 10k resistor in place of the thermistor to confirm that the control board is bad?