Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Simon / APP Team Posted: Friday, November 9, 2012 11:51:53 AM(UTC)

Hi.

To remove the freezer door loosen 4 door bracket screws holding the door to the rails and lift it up.
The panel to be removed is inside the freezer.
The drain heater kit is an accessory.

Simon.
gbbonsai Posted: Friday, November 9, 2012 9:02:56 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

The problem you have is caused by clogged and frozen condensation drain line located under the evaporator coil in the center of the drip pen.

Remove the rear panel in the freezer to access the drain pen.
Defrost and clean the drain line using the blow dryer and hot water.
Recommend to install the drain heater over the defrost heater p/n

Part number: 819043

Post the results.

Simon.

Thanks for the tip.Now where is the panel you mentioned,inside the freezer door,or the back of the refridgerator?:) How do I separate the sliding rails so I can remove the freezer door? Is either the defrost heater/drain heater an accessory?
denman Posted: Saturday, November 3, 2012 12:16:33 AM(UTC)

Sounds like drain tube is plugged so that the water from the defrost cycle cannot drain into the drain pan.

I would check that it is clear.
If plugged a turkey baster with warm water, an air compressor with low pressure or a wire can often be used to clear it.

Also check that it is not plugged with dust etc. at the drain pan end.
You might as well clean the condenser/compressor fan and the condenser coils while you are down there.

If it looks like stuff is growing in the tube I would flush it with a 10% bleach solution. This should kill the stuff and let you flush it out. You may have to do this several times, let it sit for 15 minutes or so between flushes.

Be careful that the drip tray does not overflow and empty the drip tray after you are done.

Also check that the pan under the evaporator coils is clean. Any dirt/film that slows down the water flow to the drain tube can cause problems. Sometimes a light coating of buffed up wax will help speed the water to the drain.

Be sure to unplug the unit while doing this.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Simon / APP Team Posted: Friday, November 2, 2012 12:25:56 PM(UTC)

Hi.

The problem you have is caused by clogged and frozen condensation drain line located under the evaporator coil in the center of the drip pen.

Remove the rear panel in the freezer to access the drain pen.
Defrost and clean the drain line using the blow dryer and hot water.
Recommend to install the drain heater over the defrost heater p/n

Post the results.

Simon.
gbbonsai Posted: Friday, November 2, 2012 11:38:33 AM(UTC)

Water will appear on the floor and when I open the freezer door their is ice formed on the bottom of the freezer compartment. After removing the ice buildup everything will run okay for a few days and then I will notice water leaking from the refridgerator again ,ice buildup on the bottom freezer compartment. What"s my problem? Thanks, Gary