Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Simon / APP Team Posted: Friday, November 2, 2012 1:00:52 PM(UTC)

HI, Kevin.

The motor replacement is not the easiest job but it's basically step by step job. May take you up to 2 hrs.
It look like the wiring is pretty much the same.

Simon.
RehoKevin Posted: Friday, November 2, 2012 12:14:37 PM(UTC)

Hi Simon, thanks for your reccommendation. Can you give me some idea how difficult the motor is to install and if the wiring of the new motor will match the existing wiring exactly? I don't use the dryer much and I'm considering replacing it with a used dryer but if the motor installation is fairly easy I'll just do that. Thanks in advance for your help. Kevin
Simon / APP Team Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 3:23:43 PM(UTC)

Hi.

Based on the info you provided the motor should be replaced.

Motor Part number: WE17X10010
Part number: WE17X10010

Post the results.

Simon.
RehoKevin Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 9:15:01 AM(UTC)

My dryer starts but stops immediately when I release the start button. It will continue running ( and heat up ) if I hold the start button in but I begin to smell an electrical burning smell when I do that for more than 10 or 15 seconds. I've done quite a few repairs on this old unit and it has served me well but this problem has me stumped. Any thoughts would be appreciated.