Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 9:50:54 AM(UTC)

I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
Chris L Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 9:46:24 AM(UTC)

I got the new motor and coupling in! We did 3 loads and so far no extra soap or water at the end of the cycle!! Close seem almost dry! Its definitly spinning faster in the middle and on high speed spin. If anything changes ill post again. Thanks for the help
Chris L Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 7:03:56 AM(UTC)

I did change the timer because i thought it was skipping some cycles, but i think it was me tring to peek in. So in a way i guess its better i did change it! I did order the parts and ill post the out come! Hopfully it works cause the one my wife wants next is like 1000 bucks!
richappy Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 1:49:20 AM(UTC)

I would also pull the cover off the timer and check for burnt contacts, if so, you will need a new timer also, lots of times a bad timer will burn out the motor. If bad, you are looking at a big bill for parts, like $180, maybe not worth fixing.
Gene Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 10:15:09 AM(UTC)

I would recommend to replace the motor coupling at the same time.

There is nothing to lubricate and this is not too difficult to do yourself (especially with the complete instructions).

- The part number for the motor coupling is AP3963893

Gene.
Chris L Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 9:50:21 AM(UTC)

Thanks again. Im gonna order the motor, im determined to fix this. Is there any thing else i should order with the motor since it will be apart? like the rubber grommet or motor coupling? Im pretty good with fixing anything, but is there any tricks to replacing this? Should anything be lubed while im at it? Thanks
Gene Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 8:13:13 AM(UTC)

Hi Chris,

There is 99% chance that the motor has to be replaced. It has two different windings for each speed and one of them gone bad.

- The part number for the motor is AP2905451

Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool washer Model LSQ9549LW0

Gene.
Chris L Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 6:14:40 AM(UTC)

Today i smell alot of motor! After 20min or so i pulled it out and the motor was still warm. This is a 2 speed motor, is it possible that only one speed is working? If so can anything else besides a motor cause only one
speed to work? Thanks again.
nu1ni Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 1:56:14 PM(UTC)

My Kenmore washer is about 30 years old. A year ago, I noticed that the clothes were dripping wet after the delicate and cotton cycles. I just began using the perma prest cycle exclusively. Now the clothes are wet after that cycle as well - but only sometimes. When it happens, I just manually set the spin cycle, and it works. Just yesterday, this manual setting stopped working. So the clothes are still dripping wet and I get a a burnt smell to boot.

I would like to fix this machine. Any suggestions about which part may need replacing?
Chris L Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 1:12:16 PM(UTC)

Ill have to check that. If it is a motor problem, is it worth fixing? A while back a local repair shop said maybe a pressure switch. Does this make any sence?
Its odd that it would spin slow on the full cycle and as soon as you go back to the high spin setting, it spins fast! Thanks again.