Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
allen9258 Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2012 7:27:08 AM(UTC)

just buy a used dryer that working and save yourself the headach they range about 150.00 and you just put in and you are done
momkaren Posted: Friday, September 7, 2012 6:51:36 PM(UTC)

Hi,
I have a rental property which has an old Maytag gas dryer, Model LDG303. We never have had any problems with this dryer until now. The tenant said it was getting harder to turn on, and that she had to hit/press very hard to start it and now it will not start at all.

I had an appliance service person come over to look at it and he told me the timer was broken. This part is a little expensive, average price I have found is $160.00. But, I have seen videos of how to replace it and it seems very easy to do. I would like to do this myself, or have my husband do it. I have received 3 estimates from "professionals" for the part and service which have been in the $250.00 area.

How can I tell for sure if the timer is broken? What other problems could it be? The dryer is large, does not look that old and the tenant really wants to keep it, also I can not afford to buy a new dryer at this point.