Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 7:01:51 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Hacsta Go to Quoted Post
I have the same problem i'm just wondering because the serial # of my range is lower, are the parts on the site still compatible with my range. i'm ready to order the parts if its possible .just waiting for an answer

I would recommend to talk to the Appliance Parts Pros team regarding this issue.

Gene.
Hacsta Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 3:58:04 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Kathryn Milburn Go to Quoted Post
My dual-fuel RDSS30 has several problems. The two right burners are not igniting with the switch - I must manually light them. As of three days ago, the two left burners do not work at all, no gas, no click, no manual lighting. The light in the front clock, digital screen, etc. is getting dimmer and dimmer and the oven may not be getting as hot as the set temperature. I haven't put a thermometer in it yet, but several times lately food has taken longer than normal to cook. Yesterday a repair guy looked at it, and the parts were extremely expensive, plus he told me that whether it took him 30 minutes or 3 hours to repair it, the labor price was $170 before taxes. My husband and I want to try to fix this ourselves. We have repaired everything else in the house! LOL! So - I am wondering what parts I need - The repair guy thought a potentiometer - he thought that one would contain all the pieces to fix all four burners. A clock kit, and then he also had listed a spark module . The spark module I looked at was a 6 point module. Does that sound like the part for a 4 burner range? Can someone point me to what parts to buy? Many thanks in advance!

I have the same problem i'm just wondering because the serial # of my range is lower, are the parts on the site still compatible with my range. i'm ready to order the parts if its possible .just waiting for an answer
Kathryn Milburn Posted: Friday, August 15, 2008 4:35:53 PM(UTC)

Thank you so much Gene! We'll give it a try.

Kathryn
Gene Posted: Friday, August 15, 2008 11:49:51 AM(UTC)

Hi Kathryn,

Looks like there are multiple problems with the range.

In order to fix the top burners problem you have to replace the potentiometer kit which included 2 potentiometers and the simmer control module, and the spark module. Thermador does not make 4 & 5 points re-ignition modules any more. The new 6 points module comes with the installation instructions.

If the display on the electronic control is dim then the electronic control board has to be replaced.

- The part number for the spark module is AP2836547

- The part number for the simmer control assembly is AP3672574

- The part number for the ERC (electronic oven control) is AP2836528

Here are the break down diagrams for the Thermador range Model RDSS30 S/N 9707 & UP

Gene.
Kathryn Milburn Posted: Friday, August 15, 2008 11:00:15 AM(UTC)

My dual-fuel RDSS30 has several problems. The two right burners are not igniting with the switch - I must manually light them. As of three days ago, the two left burners do not work at all, no gas, no click, no manual lighting. The light in the front clock, digital screen, etc. is getting dimmer and dimmer and the oven may not be getting as hot as the set temperature. I haven't put a thermometer in it yet, but several times lately food has taken longer than normal to cook. Yesterday a repair guy looked at it, and the parts were extremely expensive, plus he told me that whether it took him 30 minutes or 3 hours to repair it, the labor price was $170 before taxes. My husband and I want to try to fix this ourselves. We have repaired everything else in the house! LOL! So - I am wondering what parts I need - The repair guy thought a potentiometer - he thought that one would contain all the pieces to fix all four burners. A clock kit, and then he also had listed a spark module . The spark module I looked at was a 6 point module. Does that sound like the part for a 4 burner range? Can someone point me to what parts to buy? Many thanks in advance!
homeowner99 Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 10:20:21 PM(UTC)

I think this may be a common reason and solution for constant clicking...

Last night, we had a problem with our 5-burner Thermador clicking continuously (until power unplugged), without any burners being turned on. This occured after an over-zealous cleaning. I tried cleaning carefully around the burners and ignitors, but nothing would help.
Even after 24 hours, plugging in the power would start the clicking again immediately. My wife admitted she had maybe used too much water, so we guessed it was a moisture problem below the cooktop surface. I removed the control burner knobs, and carefully pried up the protective ring below each knob so I could see the controls below. I cleaned the obvious crud off of the controls, and then put a small ceramic fan heater over two of the holes, and turned it on high. Hot air blowing back out the other 3 holes.
This heated up the cavity pretty good, and after about 20-30 minutes of hot air... success!... everything is good now.
Have to give my wife credit for thinking of the heater... I was ready to pull the whole cooktop out and take it apart.

My guess is that this is a very common cause of this, and also explains the intermittent nature, since eventually the water would dry out on it's own.
leff Posted: Monday, September 24, 2007 2:10:41 PM(UTC)

My Thermador range clicking problem is odd.

Every day, the first time you try to use the range (six star burners, two are xlo) the igniters click perfectly, but there is NO gas flow to any burner. Sometimes for a few minutes of clicking.

Finally, the gas starts to flow to all "on" burners. Then, we are good for the rest of the day--turn the knob, 1 or two clicks and gas flows and lights perfectly.

What to do???????
drchasbe Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 5:13:08 PM(UTC)

I have a 4 burner Thermador dual fuel oven/cooktop, RDSS30. During an oven cleaning cycle, one of the xlo igniters began to spark. When I tried to turn the burner on, the flame came up for a moment and then the gas to that burner shut off. I tried both burners several times with the same result. I left it alone and let the oven finish the cycle. The next morn, the xlo burners were entirely dead. No spark, no light, no gas. The two burners on the opposite side are fine. Igniter? Gas control? One of the Pots? Thanks, cb
DutchBoy Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2007 7:15:24 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: WhyThermador Go to Quoted Post
Hello, would the turning the knob activate the sparks on the xlo knobs connected to the simmer control module if the gas was not connected?
I'm wondering and hoping that this is the case because we have a professional cooktop that has 4 burners, the two burners on the right give sparks when turned on, but the two extra low knobs that are connected to the simmer control module seem to do nothing when the knob is turned. Even the red light doesn't go on. Is gas the issue or do I have something broken im my cooktop?
Thank you very much
Stacy

WhyThermador,

Sorry I can't help you, but I have the exect same problem on my PG-30. It's brand new and I connected it yesterday. The normal burners on the right work, as does the oven. The 2 XLO burners don't spark and gas doesn't flow. The blue light of the XLO burners does come on when I turn the knobs.

Called Thermador and they suspect the ignition switch and have given me the numbers of a couple repair folks. They don't have time to come out until next week... but they did tell me it was safe to use the two working burners and oven. Does anyone disagree with that?

Thanks,

JB
Matt Schauer Posted: Thursday, September 6, 2007 4:03:32 PM(UTC)

Here is the results: Ordered the spark igniter.. no such luck. Frustrated..looked further. Zoned in on simmer control. Had back cover that could be easily popped off. Saw 2 brown darkened spots on terminal board. Figured that was the source of the problem. Ordered the simmer control... peace at last. FIXED!!! looks like I have a spare igniter on my shelf if it ever goes out in the future. The info here was good and timely. Orders were taken and processed well. Appreciate the forum. Thanks again and hope I never need the service again, but highly recommend to anyone a little handy and looking to fix it themselves. Thanks again.