Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Simon / APP Team Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2012 9:45:44 AM(UTC)

Glad you won.
Thank you for the input.

Simon.
dngirard Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2012 9:14:01 AM(UTC)

So I finally got it fixed. There wasn't anything else holding the basket on, but it was stuck firmly to the drive block. I ended up having to remove the gearcase from the bottom of the washer and hammer down on the drive block and brake tube while pulling up on the basket. Unrefined, yes, but it worked. The new drive block is in place and the washer is spinning as fast as ever.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, August 1, 2012 9:43:43 AM(UTC)

Hi.

Rock the basket side to side and lift it.

Simon.
dngirard Posted: Wednesday, August 1, 2012 9:36:21 AM(UTC)

I managed to get the bolt out yesterday afternoon with copious amounts of WD-40 and a Craftsman Bolt-Out socket. I spent most of the evening troubleshooting, and figured out what the problem is, now I just need to get to it. The clutch is fine, as is the motor. What is not fine is the basket drive block. I found one at a local appliance parts store, as well as the spanner wrench I need to get the nut off of the driveshaft. That also took copious amounts of WD-40, because the seal at the top of the agitator broke, flooding water down in there and rusting everything up. This is sticking the basket to the drive block. Is there anything else holding it on other than the spanner nut (which I already removed)?
Simon / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, August 1, 2012 9:04:24 AM(UTC)

Hi.

Try to soak it in the WD40.

Simon.
dngirard Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:48:24 AM(UTC)

That seems like it could be what's going on, but I've run across another road block. I took the agitator apart just like it says in the video, but the bolt way in there is rusted and pretty well stripped. Does anybody have any ideas of how I can get it out?
Simon / APP Team Posted: Monday, July 30, 2012 1:25:03 PM(UTC)

Hi.

Most common problem with your symptoms would be bad

clutch Part number: 285785
Part number: 285785

Use the video clip for the instructions.

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.
dngirard Posted: Monday, July 30, 2012 9:32:01 AM(UTC)

Recently, the clothes have been coming out of my washing machine sopping wet. After investigating this a bit, I figured out that it isn't spinning when it should be. It will spin slowly when empty, but not with a load in it. I looked online for possible solutions, and it looked like the easiest thing to do was to replace the motor coupling. However, when I pulled the coupling out, it was all intact. Could there be another issue?