Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
doanhtran@gmail.com Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:43:32 AM(UTC)

yes.. mine was a clogged drain line.. it was completely clogged with stuff.. thus the pump could not push the water thru. take your drain line out side and use a garden hose to make sure it is not clogged.

hopes this helps
sc00bie Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:09:00 PM(UTC)

Did you figure out the problem? I have the same problem(same model Whirlpool DU811SWKU0). It leaves about 1 to 1.5 inches of water. I hear the motor turn. I took it apart, made sure check valve, ball, etc was clean. Even took out the drain pipes, gap and made sure it was clear. What could be wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Gene Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 1:46:07 PM(UTC)

The motor in this dishwasher is reversible what means it turns in opposite direction for drain. Slowly turn the knob. The motor should stop for a few seconds and switch from wash to drain.

Gene.
doanhtran@gmail.com Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 1:29:14 PM(UTC)

stupid question here but how do I activate the drain function?

this dishwasher only has the rotary knob and drain function is not on it..
Gene Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 1:09:26 PM(UTC)

One more thing you may want to check: does the motor run when the control calls for drain?

Gene.
doanhtran@gmail.com Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 9:18:17 PM(UTC)

No the garbage disposal is old..

I will put the hose in the bucket and check.. Since I am out of town for a few days..

just curious..

if there was no flow, what should I check next?

else what if there was very little flow?
Gene Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 9:00:01 PM(UTC)

Disconnect the drain hose from the garbage disposal and put it in a large bucket. Check how it will drain.

Gene.
P.S. Did you replace the garbage disposal recently?
doanhtran@gmail.com Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 8:50:54 PM(UTC)

a lot of water.. 1 to 1.5 inch..

the drain hose is connected directly to the garbage disposal.. no air gap installed on top of sink.

thanks again
Gene Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 8:45:35 PM(UTC)

How much water is left inside the dishwasher?

Where the drain hose is connected to? Do you have an air gap installed on top of the sink?

Gene.
doanhtran@gmail.com Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:52:21 PM(UTC)

washes fine.. just does not drain..

I cleaned the ball and the sump area.. How do I determine if the check valve is good or bad?

I may have to take the pump assembly out to check (I hope not).. is there a trick to removing the sprayer assembly?

thanks in advance