Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
loadster Posted: Tuesday, September 4, 2007 7:06:11 AM(UTC)

on the bosch 43XX series, getting to the drain pump for extraction means taking off the front face panel and the 90 degree bent steel panel(unpainted) at the door hinge. It may also involve removing the left vertical side panel. (power disconnected)Then find the electrical terminals on the pump and with a pair of needlenose or hemostats, depress the keepers on the contacts and pull the slide terms off the spade contacts. The pump removes by depressing the white plastic keeper lock located at about 2:00 on the circumference of the pump housing where it inserts into the tank sump and turning the pump counter-clockwise 1/4 turn. Then with the dexterity of a small monkey, you can extract the pump from the tank/catchbasin prison. On the new pump, use silicone grease on the o-ring and reverse the procedure. There's alot of sneaky keepers on these parts, I'm guessing Bosch really didn't want the owners to do this.
Sorry if this is too late to help...
Gene Posted: Monday, August 27, 2007 12:30:06 PM(UTC)

Hi vlibruce

The reply posted by loadster has very good solution for you.

Good luck.
Gene.
vlibruce Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2007 10:25:06 AM(UTC)

How Do I Get Drain Pump Out Of Bottom Of Dishwasher I Have Everthing Acsessable But Can Not Figure Out How To Get At The Pump
loadster Posted: Monday, August 13, 2007 11:13:22 AM(UTC)

I just replaced my drain pump and if I didn't have the new part in hand, that 1/4 turn bayonet latch with plastic keeper would have made me pull the base from the tank. The sprocket impeller drain motor still rotated but had a bad spot on the bearing. If yours 'graunched' once I would expect it to happen again. I'd buy a new motor if I were you. Otherwise, expect to be bailing when its least convenient for you.
JohnM Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 8:47:53 PM(UTC)

Problem now sorted thanks. Managed to get pump out form the bottom of the machine. (Odd bayonnet fitting) Could find nothing wrong with it ... nor could I find any glass ... but in the process of working on the machine it could have moved on! Reassembled ... now the embarassment ... assuming I had achieved nothing, got a repair guy in who found it faultless and it's still working fine. Good guy as he charged a nominal fee.

This seems to be a common problem ... acknowledged in that the motor apparently reverses up hitting a foul up. They are quite easy to remove.
apart from learning this, found e-fix supplied part at fraction of Bosch. Found a call out from Bosch would have required me to remorgage my house!
Gene Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 8:27:45 PM(UTC)

JohnM
What kind of cleaner did you use? What is the complete model number of your dishwasher? You can find it on the right side on the door.
Gene.
JohnM Posted: Tuesday, August 7, 2007 10:55:22 AM(UTC)

Last wash produced a loud graunching noise ... if there is such a thing!! Finished the wash fine. Today, ran it empty ... with a cleaner in. Hot water is left in it. Has the pump failed? If so, is it easy to fix?