Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
mrmambo Posted: Friday, October 29, 2021 10:59:22 AM(UTC)

THANK YOU!! This worked for me! The two top rows of the numeric keypad were not responding, but cleaning the ribbon cable connection fixed it.

I initially checked all the connections and even swapped out the control board with a spare. I figured it was probably either the ribbon cable or the keypad as the problem remained after the swap.

I then pulled the ribbon cable and cleaned its connectors and those on the control board with 99% alcohol. Powered it up…and it worked!

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post

You will notice that all the keys you mentioned use track 10 on the ribbon cable as a common, could be this connection is just dirty.

RIBBON CABLE CLEANING
Unplug the unit
Open it up
Remove the ribbon cable from the keypad to the control board at the control board.
Clean the edge connector.
If it is the type where there is not a connector just the insulation is removed, it can be cleaned with a pencil eraser. Do not use an ink eraser as it is too abrasive.
Check the tracks in the ribbon cable for hairline cracks. A magnifying glass helps here.
Would not hurt to clean the connector on the board. Use electronics contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush. Be gentle and do not reconnect till all the solvent evaporates.
Reconnect everything and give it a try.

denman Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:27:05 AM(UTC)

jeffmit

Here is the service manual and the tech sheet for your unit
http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16022506.pdf
http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16022507.pdf

The tech sheet gives the procedure.

Don't forget that often this is just a dirty connector!!!
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
jeffmit Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:11:52 AM(UTC)

Thank you for your quick reply.

Where do I want to validate with the meter? I know you mentioned trace 10, but I am not sure how to validate that. I assume you are suggesting doing a continuity test across the ribbon, but I can not see where / how to validate that.

Thanks again!:)
denman Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 3:58:00 AM(UTC)

jeffmit

Could be either the keypad or the control board that is why checking it with a meter is important.

The more likely of the two is the keypad.
jeffmit Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 9:17:58 PM(UTC)

I have the exact same issue on jenn air jjw8130dds

I followed your instructions and removed the ribbon cable and cleaned it. I reseated the cable and have the same issue. The 3, 6, 9, and oven light are not working.

Also wondering the same question, what part to replace?

Thanks in advance :)
shaygonen Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 9:11:44 AM(UTC)

Thanks!!! - I'll try tonight and post the results tomorrow
denman Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 9:05:39 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Replacement parts for JENN-AIR JJW9130DDB | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is a tech sheet and a service manual
http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16022506.pdf
http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16026545.pdf

You may not have to order any parts.
You will notice that all the keys you mentioned use track 10 on the ribbon cable as a common, could be this connection is just dirty.

RIBBON CABLE CLEANING
Unplug the unit
Open it up
Remove the ribbon cable from the keypad to the control board at the control board.
Clean the edge connector.
If it is the type where there is not a connector just the insulation is removed, it can be cleaned with a pencil eraser. Do not use an ink eraser as it is too abrasive.
Check the tracks in the ribbon cable for hairline cracks. A magnifying glass helps here.
Would not hurt to clean the connector on the board. Use electronics contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush. Be gentle and do not reconnect till all the solvent evaporates.
Reconnect everything and give it a try.

Could also check it with a meter.
Check from track 10 to other no good key tracks as it may be a crack on the ribbon cable that you cannot see or on the actual keypad itself
. If no good then it is a keypad problem.
If OK then it could be the control board
Odds are high that this is a keypad/connection problem.
shaygonen Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 8:26:42 AM(UTC)

Jenn-Air Oven (JJW9130DDB)
The right-most buttons have stopped responding (3, 6, 9 and oven light). The rest of the touch pad is working normally.
I'm trying to find out if I should order a new Control Panel, or a new Control Clock (the electronics behind the panel) they are both they same price - about $150 (each). I am told that I cannot return them once I get them.
Any advice?

Thanks
Shay