Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, June 18, 2012 12:49:04 PM(UTC)

Howard,

This switch is very different with a regular infinite switches.

Very likely this problem is connected with the sensor (the part with the black wires) which is a part of the heating element.

- The heating element Part number: 74011575
Part number: 74011575

Gene.
challenger Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2012 3:21:35 PM(UTC)

Sorry-what I intended to convey was that the infinite switch was not being used (nor was the range for that matter) and the switch would just click away. I appreciate the correction. It is the switch all the way to the right side of the front control panel. I don't recall if it is the front or rear burner on the right side and I am not able to look at it as I send this however it is the dual element burner.
Thanks
Howard
Gene Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2012 4:02:46 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: challenger Go to Quoted Post
...The burner works but it did with the clicking switch as well

Howard,

In your very first post you said:
Quote:
... the dual burner was not coming on however the clicking sound was maddening...

Now you are saying that it did work? I'm confused :confused:.

Is this the right front burner?

Gene.
challenger Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 3:37:11 PM(UTC)

[COLOR="Navy"]Thank you for the reply[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]The burner works but it did with the clicking switch as well[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]There is a lot of information I read online stating the switch has a bi-metal element that clicks & is the source of the noise. It is part # W10185286 by Whirlpool I believe.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]Correction-the model number is:
JES9900BAB[/COLOR]

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi Howard,

Did the new switch fix the dual burner?

The switch itself can not click. I never heard about it. What is the part number of the switch you installed?

The model number you posted does not come up. Verify and repost it please.

Gene.
Gene Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 1:22:09 PM(UTC)

Hi Howard,

Did the new switch fix the dual burner?

The switch itself can not click. I never heard about it. What is the part number of the switch you installed?

The model number you posted does not come up. Verify and repost it please.

Gene.
challenger Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:41:25 PM(UTC)

I replaced a clicking infinite switch that had gotten worse over a period of a few weeks. It is an all electric down draft range and the dual burner was not coming on however the clicking sound was maddening. After the new, OEM style, switch went in there was no clicking. A day later (today) I am hearing it clicking every few minutes. Could this be a bad switch or a control board issue?
Thanks-Howard
Hampstead, NC