Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2012 1:30:09 PM(UTC)

Adjust the pump belt tension as described in the attached file.

Gene.
B*Luxx Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 3:26:58 PM(UTC)

Washer is draining. All pulleys spin by hand relatively easily. I assume the transmission pulley is the big one centered under the tub (I haven't raised or tipped the unit -- just feeling around under there).

Removed the belts and the motor seems to run fine. Belts seemed kind of loose, but maybe that's because they're not engaged when the unit is off (?).

Thanks again for the help.

Edit: washer drains after I empty all the clothes and as much water as I can. Then I can get it to spin and drain the remainder of the water.

Edit2: Replaced belts and Pump belt seems very loose, main drive belt seems just taut. Running a small load and it appears to be working.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 10:18:38 AM(UTC)

Hi.

Check if the washer is draining. Is the pump and transmission pulleys can be easily turn by hand in both directions?
Will the motor run without both belts?
Does it get really hot?

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.
splumer Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:58:01 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: B*Luxx Go to Quoted Post
Old Maytag washer (Model LA612 Series 04) stops spinning with any size load. Spins for maybe 10 seconds and then stops. I can still hear the timer ticking as it continues through the cycle. If I try again after a little while, it will spin again for another 10 sec. I can smell a subtle burning smell after a few attempts. Also, if I take out all the clothes and as much water as possible, it will spin much longer (I think through the entire cycle).

Is the motor dying?

Could be the clutch. I replaced mine recently. If the clutch is spinning but not grabbing, the burning smell could be the pads heating up from friction.
B*Luxx Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:01:58 AM(UTC)

Old Maytag washer (Model LA612 Series 04) stops spinning with any size load. Spins for maybe 10 seconds and then stops. I can still hear the timer ticking as it continues through the cycle. If I try again after a little while, it will spin again for another 10 sec. I can smell a subtle burning smell after a few attempts. Also, if I take out all the clothes and as much water as possible, it will spin much longer (I think through the entire cycle).

Is the motor dying?