Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
860smapdi Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 12:29:47 PM(UTC)

Yes. Cycle switch tested ok. I used a different method to test the windings and found the ccw start winding to be open. I'm not up to replacing the motor just yet so I bypassed the cycle select switch to disallow Solid from being used.

Thanks for the advice!

Cheers
Gene Posted: Wednesday, September 9, 2009 2:35:01 PM(UTC)

Have you tested the cycle switch? It is a part of the push button switch and very likely the problem is there.

Here is the Tech sheet.

- The cycle switch assembly Part number: AP3081046
Part number: AP3081046

Here are the breakdown diagrams for the Kitchen Aid trash compactor Model KUCP02IRBL1

Gene.
860smapdi Posted: Wednesday, September 9, 2009 9:38:28 AM(UTC)

Hi all,

I've got a Kitchenaid KUCP02IRBL1. My problem is that when a solid cycle is run, the ram never comes back up. I've tried cycling the dial to start and it just hums. I've also tried cycling the solid/normal switch to normal. I've disassembled the unit and I've found the when the ram is down and the motor is stopped but humming that I can get the motor to kick on by manual cycling the upper limit switch repeatedly.

I've tested continuity on the wires and the upper limit switch according to the wiring diagram and the switch appears to be functioning. I've also disassembled the centrifugal switch and cleaned the breaker points. That switch appears to be functioning properly also. I tested the run and start windings and they looked ok. The start winding had 3.5ohms which is a bit on the low side but neither of the windings read open.

Can anyone either point out an error in my method or perhaps shed light on which part of the system is at fault? I'm currently leaning on motor start windings.

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.