Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
KYHighlander Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2015 4:51:14 AM(UTC)

I have the same problem here. My model number is ED22RFXB01 what part number will I need for the valve? Same one?
MayTech Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 8:55:13 PM(UTC)

If you're not hearing the switch engage then the pins that hold the switch in place have probably broken...

The bracket is AP2988571 You'll just have to remove the front panel to get access to the bracket. The front panel of the dispenser snaps into place, you have to remove the drip tray and then pull down and out on the bottom skinny piece until it snaps free, this is kind of tricky since it feels like you're about to break the panel but it should pop off. I'd check this before ordering the bracket.

Good luck let us know how it goes.
Waldemar Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 2:55:33 PM(UTC)

Hello, I could exchange the valve assembly with another (same brand and model) from a refrigerator that have a water dispenser working OK. The result was that the water did not came out. I notice that the switch on the front door that give the signal to the valve to open does not work. On the good unit, you can feel when the switch is depressed, on my unit you can not feel it, so I am guessing that it is broken.
That switch goes on the front door, above the small light and on the top part of the water level that you press to get water.
--->>> Do you know if that part is interchangeable?
--->>> How do I disassemble the front part where the water and ice dispenser is?
Thanks a lot for your help,
Waldemar
Waldemar Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 1:56:40 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: ApplianceJunk Go to Quoted Post
The water valve is basically two valves built into one. There is one water line feeding the valve and the valve splits it into two.

You will see two coil solenoids on top the water valve. One is for the ice maker and one is for the water dispenser.

One of the coils could be open or the valve could be damaged inside.

If the coil check ok for continuity I would then check to see if it's getting voltage to it when you press the disposer lever. You will need help for that part.

If the valve is getting voltage and you still don't have water flowing through it then replace the valve.

Hello, I have located the main valve plus the 2 valves that go to the water dispenser and ice dispenser.
I tried to check for continuity by using my multimeter in the continuity having the pins on each leg of the valve but I do not hear the bip. I did the same thing on the ice dispenser valve (ice dipenser works ok) but I did not hear the bip neither.
How do I know if the valves are bad? or if I am checking it incorrectly?
I checked for voltage on the cables that go to the water valves and I get about 1.75 volts. Is that enough? is it OK?
Please, let me know,
Thanks a lot,
Waldemar
ApplianceJunk Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2012 8:33:58 AM(UTC)

The water valve is basically two valves built into one. There is one water line feeding the valve and the valve splits it into two.

You will see two coil solenoids on top the water valve. One is for the ice maker and one is for the water dispenser.

One of the coils could be open or the valve could be damaged inside.

If the coil check ok for continuity I would then check to see if it's getting voltage to it when you press the disposer lever. You will need help for that part.

If the valve is getting voltage and you still don't have water flowing through it then replace the valve.
Waldemar Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2012 8:27:09 AM(UTC)

OK, I am going to check it with a multimeter.
But I see on the diagram that the water line goes to the ice maker. However, the ice maker is making ice perfectly. It is getting water OK.
Is this valve a combined valve for drinking water as well as for ice maker?
Thanks,
ApplianceJunk Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2012 8:19:47 AM(UTC)

As I suggested in my first reply. ;)

Quote:
If you still don't have any water running I would check the water inlet valve with a multimeter for continuity, Part number: W10408179
Waldemar Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2012 8:19:10 AM(UTC)

OK, I just disconnected the line as you told me. It worked great.
A little bit of water came out, but not a lot. I know that the water line that is inside the door is not frozen, air came on the top end by the dispenser.
I pushed the water dispenser to see if some water comes out of the line that goes to the inside or back of the refrigerator, but nothing came out.
What else could that be?
What else can I check?
Thanks,
Waldemar Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2012 8:10:19 AM(UTC)

OK, I just disconnected the line as you told me. It worked great.
A little bit of water came out, but not a lot. I know that the water line that is inside the door is not frozen, air came on the top end by the dispenser.
I pushed the water dispenser to see if some water comes out of the line that goes to the inside or back of the refrigerator, but nothing came out.
What else could that be?
What else can I check?
Thanks,
ApplianceJunk Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2012 8:04:18 AM(UTC)

Push one of the colored rings in and hold it.
As you are holding the ring pull the water line out.

To put it back together just push the water line back into the fitting.