Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Friday, May 18, 2012 2:32:22 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. I'm glad it's up and running.

It's a good idea to use a surge protector for any electronic appliances.

Gene.
jcastyo Posted: Friday, May 18, 2012 10:36:22 AM(UTC)

Ok got a new board and plugged everything in and wham the fridge was up and running again.

We have had severe storms frequently last month and there was one time we had a brownout because of this and could it be that this caused the board to go bad?

Thanks!!
Gene Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 5:15:53 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: jcastyo Go to Quoted Post
...Where would I check that there is 120VAC going to the board?...

...If there is not 120 VAC, what would be the problem then?...

You will see it as soon you will get to the board.

The power to the board comes from the outlet through the power cord. If there is no proper voltage at the board then the problem is a bad power cord or the wall outlet.

Gene.
jcastyo Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 5:42:14 AM(UTC)

Hi Gene, thanks for replying. Where would I check that there is 120VAC going to the board? I don't have a tool for checking that, I would have to get one. If there is not 120 VAC, what would be the problem then?

Thanks
Gene Posted: Monday, May 14, 2012 5:34:45 PM(UTC)

Locate the main PCB on the back of the refrigerator (#501A at the diagram). Check for 120 VAC to the board. If the reading is correct, replace the main PCB.

- The main PCB Part number: 6871JB1410N
jcastyo Posted: Monday, May 14, 2012 4:44:25 AM(UTC)

Hi there, my 4 year old LG refrigerator was working fine and then maybe about an hour later it was dead. The LED panel on the front is not lit, the compressor/fans do not run, and the lights on the inside do not light up. Just dead. I checked that there is power running to the outlet and that the fuse box did not trip and sure enough everything is fine. Some suggested that I check the fuses on the main board but they seem fine too. I tested that there is power at least going to the main board and there is. Could the main board be dead? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.