Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Simon / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, May 1, 2012 8:58:49 AM(UTC)

You're very welcome.

Simon.
birdman097 Posted: Tuesday, May 1, 2012 7:00:53 AM(UTC)

Simon,
I just replaced the lid switch and my washer is back to running normal again. Your posts and video were extremely helpful and I would not have been able to replace it without you. Thank you very much for everything. This website is amazing and I am going to spread the word to everyone I know. Thanks again.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:36:46 PM(UTC)

Hi.

Most likely it's the lid switch. Use the video to open the washer. When you will get to the lid switch plug, install the jumper wire between two outer wires and start the washer.
Make sure the jumper is making good connection.
If it starts - replace the lid switch.

The lid switch Part number: 3949247
Part number: 3949247

Her are the breakrdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Roper RAS8445KQ0 WASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.
birdman097 Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:34:15 PM(UTC)

Yes the center piece moves and it works up to the point to when it has to drain the water and spin.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:28:53 PM(UTC)

Hi.

Would the washer agitate?

Post the results.

Simon.
birdman097 Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 12:18:30 PM(UTC)

I put a load of laundry in that was way too big and now my washer will not drain water or spin. Would you think that it is a pump or a bad lid switch? I had talked with a handyman who said if you replace the lid switch chances are the pump will need replaced as well. The serial number is cl 1429921 type 111. If the parts needed are the lid switch and pump, what is the cost? Thanks