Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Friday, April 20, 2012 12:10:56 PM(UTC)

Mike,

You may want to remove the top cover (at least) and look inside first. You may find some answers there.

Gene.
P.S. You can bring the ram up by turning the powerscrew nut (#8 at the diagram) using an adjustable wrench.
mljdd Posted: Friday, April 20, 2012 7:02:12 AM(UTC)

Hey Gene, how do you know if the power nuts are bad? Can I manually lift the ram back up and how?

Thanks again....Mike
mljdd Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:55:51 PM(UTC)

Sounds hard specially with the ram being stuck
Gene Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 1:39:02 PM(UTC)

You have to remove the top cover and the ram. Be careful not to damage the top limit switch.

Gene.
mljdd Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 1:01:43 PM(UTC)

I meant how hard to get to the power nuts?
mljdd Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 12:57:43 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the help Gene....i will work on it wheh i get home. How hard is it to getto the power nuts?
Gene Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 12:37:40 PM(UTC)

Hi Mike,

You have to check both power nuts (#13 at the diagram). If any one is bad, it will cause the ram to stuck. Also both power nuts, power screws and gears have to be lubricated.

- The power nut Part number: 9870163
Part number: 9870163

- The drive gear kit Part number: 882699
mljdd Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:02:49 AM(UTC)

My compactor ram is stuck in the down position.I took the side off and found that the white plastic gear(model #882699) was broken in half. I tried grabbing the chain to see if I could manually move it by hand but the chain is very tight and would not budge...is the chain supposed to be that tight or is something stuck? My question is if I put this new gear on and the ram is stuck, will it break the new gear? Im not sure how to manually get the ram back to the up position.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks...Mike