Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Mike Moorman Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 5:38:53 PM(UTC)

Was your unit new or has it been working then just stopped? Very weird a tie wrap was in there - from the factory I guess?
fairway2000 Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 4:15:38 PM(UTC)

I just found a tie wrap in my check valve. Thats why mine would not empty
Mike Moorman Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 3:40:07 PM(UTC)

I installed the pump kit - but the food grinder continued to "grind" against the perforated plate. I removed the grinder and buttoned everything up. I now have a leak that I can't explain - maybe the sump gasket?

Thanks!
fairway2000 Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:47:29 PM(UTC)

MIKE DID the pump kit help draining? I got the grinding noise from the hole the spring goes into was cracked. Use the other hole.
Gene Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2008 12:07:29 PM(UTC)

Hi Mike,

One of possibilities: when you installed the new drain impeller, it was not aligned properly or may be the spring for the grinder was not in place.

It never happened to me and I can only guess.

Gene.
Mike Moorman Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 2:54:33 PM(UTC)

I recieved the parts today - WOW fast shipping.

I replaced the pump kit with new parts - and I got the same grinding noise.

Should the food grinder touch the metal pewrforated plate. That is where the noise is coming from. I have removed the metal food grinder blade (I always rinse the dishes before I out them in the washer) and there is no noise.

How do I keep the metal grinding blade for touching the perforated plate?

Thanks again - Mike
Mike Moorman Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2008 5:25:38 AM(UTC)

Gene,

Thanks for the response. I have ordered the suggested part and will post the results.

Mike
Gene Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 12:47:47 PM(UTC)

Hi Mike,

The part # 19 on the pump break down diagram comes as a part of the impeller kit but actually it is a grinder which, in most cases, caused unusual noises.

I would recommend to install the new impeller kit. It should solve the drain problem and eliminate the noise.

- The part number for the impeller kit is AP3115180

Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool dishwasher Model GU980SCGQ3 (basic model GU980SC).

Gene.
Mike Moorman Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:49:24 PM(UTC)

I have intermittent draining issues. Sometimes it works fine and other times there is some water left after a complete cycle (as well as some soapy water). I have had the unit installed for 5 years and nothing has changed. I noticed 2 days ago that there is a "whirring" sound when the motor/pump is running in the drain cycle. I found that the metal impeller (part #19 in the exploded diagram) seemed to be touching the perforated plate and the sump cover has some marks where it has been worn. Check valve and drain hoses are clear and the hose connects to a separate drain and not a disposal.
What could have worn out to cause the noise? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Mike