Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 7:30:55 AM(UTC)

Probably best to order one but you could try heating it up with a hair dryer to see if it will release.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
njranger Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 6:51:56 AM(UTC)

The new clock / timer board came in and I realized that the white faceplate was glued on to the old one. Is there any way to remove it to affix it to the new one, or should I have ordered one as well?
njranger Posted: Monday, March 19, 2012 5:16:15 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the reply. We moved it to my barn and I was able to get the rest of the model number: 790.92202014. I'll try to get the back opened up to check it out. He did say the burners worked after he wired it right, but the oven and clock did not.
denman Posted: Friday, March 16, 2012 2:34:10 AM(UTC)

Your model number seems to be missing several digits.
Sears/Kenmore numbers are usually 3 digits, a period and then 8 digits.
[COLOR="DarkRed"]
can this be SAFELY repaired by replacing the clock assembly?[/COLOR]
I cannot see why not.
You will have to open it up and check the wiring for signs of damage.
Check that the terminal strip is OK.
Since there was smoke odds are good that you will find where it arced out.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
njranger Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2012 5:06:28 PM(UTC)

My neighbor bought a new Kenmore electric range for a rental house he has and when he wired it up he switched one of the hot leads and the neutral and fried it. He said that smoke came out near the clock / timer area. He has since bought another range and this one is sitting in the back of his pick-up. My question is: can this be SAFELY repaired by replacing the clock assembly? I haven't troubleshot it as of yet, just trying to keep it from going to the junk yard.

Thanks All.