Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ApplianceJunk Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:55:23 AM(UTC)

That's great!
You did a awesome job getting it repaired.

Glad I could help. :)
bpcolll Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 7:28:17 AM(UTC)

:) Your instructions were perfect. I finally received the parts ( exactly what was expected to be replaced per you) and after replacement the machine works fine.

Thanks again!
bpcolll Posted: Saturday, August 4, 2007 4:30:03 PM(UTC)

Thank you so much. I'll post as soon as I try all this
ApplianceJunk Posted: Friday, August 3, 2007 4:12:52 PM(UTC)

You have to open the door and remove the four screws that hold the front on. Two on the door hings and two on the other side.

Then remove front by rolling the edge out as shown in this photo.

Remove neptune front 1

Remove neptune front 2

Now you will need to get the top lifted up. Remove the four screws that hold the soap dish trim on the top.

soap dish trim

Then there is a bracket on the front corners that have to be removed.

top front brackets

Now you can lift the top and see the door lock switchs and wax motor.

You will also want to remove the three top screws near the timer and flip the top down so you can look at the control board on top the washer.

Check the R-11 resistor to see if it is burnt. This resistor burns out when the door lock wax motor fails.

Burnt R-11 Resistor on control board

If the resistor is bad you should replace the control board and the door lock wax motor.
bpcolll Posted: Friday, August 3, 2007 10:40:07 AM(UTC)

The door locked light does not come on, so the machine will not spin, only tumble. I have a procedure to check motor and switches in door latch assembly from circuit diagram inside washer. From diagram in appliance pro.com it looks like assembly mounts from inside front of machine. How do I gain access to assembly without destroying whole washing machine?