Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Valleymede Posted: Saturday, April 2, 2016 10:49:47 AM(UTC)

I had the same F3 message after I replaced the old panel - it had faded - with a new one that we got for from GE. After removing as described in the other posts and putting it back in I got the F3 message. In this case I knew that it had to be related to the panel itself and not to any of the other reasons posted. I eventually found that one of the buttons on the panel had a piece of plastic attached to it from the old panel and was in the pushed position. Once I removed the stuck piece it worked. Bottom line, it could be a simple problem with one of the buttons and not anything requiring a new part.
Ckarolak Posted: Friday, July 24, 2009 8:30:12 PM(UTC)

Thank You soo very much Its out of stock so hopefully it will be in soon but thank you soo much for replying i very much appreciate it!! :) You are awesome gene!
Gene Posted: Friday, July 24, 2009 6:42:30 PM(UTC)

The "F3" error code means "Shorted key panel (touch pad)". The correction is to replace the key panel aka a membrane switch or a touch pad. The control panel in that case is just a plastic frame.

- The key panel Part number: AP3205165
Part number: AP3205165

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for GE JVM1640WJ03 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Ckarolak Posted: Friday, July 24, 2009 12:03:49 PM(UTC)

I am bumping this in the hopes that someone will soon tell me which part to order
Ckarolak Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:29:23 PM(UTC)

Hi! I am getting an F3 error on my GE Microwave Model#JVM1640WJ03. I have tried turning off and back on the microwave but it just starts the error code again within seconds, none of the keys seems to do anything. I have read that this is a result of a shorted key pad which seems consistent with my problem, however i am confused, do i need a key pad, or the control panel behind the key pad? If you can point me in the right direction for what to order I am sure my hubby can figure out how to replace it! :) Thank You for your time and help!